What do you think of this gutload?

If they wont tell you what's in it, dont buy it. "Using various grains" suggests it could be using corn or something like that as a filler.

I looked up repashy bug burger. I looked in the ingredients, and it said corn meal and potatoe granules were in it... Both not nutritious. Krill was also in there, which is animal protein and can cause liver problems. Definitely gonna stay away from that one...

The main reason why I wanted to buy a prepared gutload was because if u make your own, it could be a bit expensive. It is 25 dollars just for spirulina!

I got king cricket feast and have had good results actually made my chams colors come out and turn a little more vibrant but right now I use cricket crack

The main reason why I wanted to buy a prepared gutload was because if u make your own, it could be a bit expensive. It is 25 dollars just for spirulina!

I find it MUCH LESS expensive to make my own.
Shop around more (online, bulk foods, cattle feed, bulk agriculture etc stores). Granted, Spirulina is one of the more expensive ingredients I use, perhaps the most expensive along with bee pollen, but its not that expensive and a little goes a long way. buy bulk, not tablets or health food store prices. You should be paying around $50 or less for 5 pounds / 2.2 kg, $35 for 1kg / 2.2lbs - an amount that will last a VERY long time if you're not also eating it yourself ;)

two sample recipes
https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/sandrachameleon/575-january-2012-dry-gutload-recipe.html
https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/sandrachameleon/697-dry-gutload-mix-august-2012.html

Last edited:
If they wont tell you what's in it, dont buy it. "Using various grains" suggests it could be using corn or something like that as a filler.

There is no corn in it in our King Kricket Feast

It is made from dehydrated fruits and vegetables. We buy these fresh and dehydrate it ourselves. It take 24 hours to properly dehydrate so it can be ground down

the rest of the ingredients come from the health food store

Apple
Banana
Pear
Oranges
plums
strawberrys
zuccinnii
carrot
collard greens
mustard greens
squash
snow peas
beets
radish

Bee pollen
Sesame seed
Sunflower seed
squash seed
Almonds
Pine Nuts
Fiber
soybean
brewers yeast
wheat germ
oats
spuralina
kelp powder
alfalfa meal
flaxseed
Dehydrated Milk

Vit E supplement
Folic Acid
vit b12
Niacin
calcium carbonate

It is the same stuff we feed our crickets. In my opinion the crickets eat it too fast.

It is a process to make and it is not something we are trying to "make a buck" off of.. in fact I probably don't charge enough for it.

I encourage everyone to make their own gutload

Last edited:
There you have it, seems to be a great gutload! If you dont make your own i would buy this! Raphael approved!:D

sounds like a great product!
beware of buying more than you would use in a couple months though, due to the flaxseed and other items that go rancid quickly, if ground up especially

I looked up repashy bug burger. I looked in the ingredients, and it said corn meal and potatoe granules were in it... Both not nutritious. Krill was also in there, which is animal protein and can cause liver problems. Definitely gonna stay away from that one...

Bug Burger is a great gutload... if you feel uncertain about it, you can ask about it here on the forums. I find that all of the Repashy stuff is pretty reliable.

Thank you Dez so much! It really sounds like an awesome product (even Sandra approved)! I am certainly buying some ASAP!

Spirulina is pricey. If you buy "certified organic" it is likely that the price doubles. Personally, I only use "certified organic".
No, I've never heard of it.

Good, reliable gutloads are Bug Burger (Repashy), Cricket Crack (SsimswisS), and DinoFuel.

Thanks Swayne8998

it said corn meal and potatoe granules were in it... Both not nutritious. Krill was also in there, which is animal protein and can cause liver problems. Definitely gonna stay away from that one...

You're correct in avoiding animal protein and corn meal.

You can easily make your own, then you'll know exactly what's in it is what you want to be in it :)

Dino Fuel Rapture Edition might be something to consider, as an addition to vegetables, etc http://www.kilgourschameleons.com/products.asp

I like that DF and raptor are Sandra approved! ;)

Back
Top Bottom