What in the living heck!?

have your anybody else witness or heard of something like this? i remember a pic a while ago of a cham with his tounge hanging out, but nothing like this would i ever imagine, its like he's choking on it and trying to throw it up :(

I wonder if there is any neurological issues, physiological issues related to breathing and stress issues as well. This is really disturbing, and your title is really representative of the video!

It looks like maybe his tongue is causing him pain :(

I thought at first maybe choking, but if he's doing it that much I doubt it. The tongue looks really dark red and maybe a bit swollen to me. Then again my cham is younger, so you guys can correct me if I'm wrong.

Edit: Of course, if it is swollen he could be choking on it.

At first I was thinking maybe the poor thing had some kind of a seizure disorder, but it looks like maybe his tongue is infected and swollen. I don't know, just a guess.

I wonder if there is any neurological issues, physiological issues related to breathing and stress issues as well. This is really disturbing, and your title is really representative of the video!

i have no idea, he does look very traumatized by it, maybe hes having a crazy anxiety attack, im glad this guy filmed it though, perhaps it was to show somebody to help. but at the same time, something in me is telling me he thinks this is cool and is filming it with not a care to do anything. it goes on for a while and the camera is quite still so i dont know, i just hope this little guy has recovered from this :(

hopefull somebody can fill us *whistles** "Oh Chriiiiiiissssssssssssssss" lol

and btw thank you about the title, usually i give better warning but i was just like :eek: about it and forgot.

Sadly person having fun torturing animals is too common on Youtube, indeed!

Veiled; i wonder if "panic attacks" or traumatism are possible for chameleons. Of course, they are "common" in human experience, but for chameleons, i dont know! And im sure you will understand that i try to scare my chameleons as less as possible! ;) So i dont have any experience on that matter (thankfully!!).

Sadly person having fun torturing animals is too common on Youtube, indeed!

Veiled; i wonder if "panic attacks" or traumatism are possible for chameleons. Of course, they are "common" in human experience, but for chameleons, i dont know! And im sure you will understand that i try to scare my chameleons as less as possible! ;) So i dont have any experience on that matter (thankfully!!).

i know they can get easily nervous and perhaps human antagonizing could lead to some panic attacks and what not.

Whatever hes doing its not normal and sadly all we can do is guess to what might of happened to him. But if that was my cham i wouldnt be wasting time filming it he would of been at the vet!

IMHO his tongue is bothering him...maybe not "folding" down on the hyoid spike properly/comfortably....could be something stuck in the pouch where the tongue is stored. The tongue looks swollen somewhat....could be an infection.

No matter what it is/was...it needs/needed to see a vet quickly.

IMHO his tongue is bothering him...maybe not "folding" down on the hyoid spike properly/comfortably....could be something stuck in the pouch where the tongue is stored. The tongue looks swollen somewhat....could be an infection.

No matter what it is/was...it needs/needed to see a vet quickly.

regardless it looks very red and swollen. perhaps the owner fed him a WC insect that was poisonous (spider, earwig, centapiede). i dont the whole anatomy of the tounge but what you said is also a possibility, i guess we will never know, poor guy though

Well, this video was posted almost a year ago. I really wish posts like these came with descriptions so people who didn't want to see something like that didn't have to see it. :(

Back
Top Bottom