What is the prettiest chameleon?

Salty

I am trying to find info on what kinds of chameleons are the pritiest at rest. From what I understand, the male chameleons are always prettier and some flare up more than others. The only pics i can find of male panthers are while they are all flared up.... I would like to know what these guys look like when they are not flared. Also, what kind of chameleon is always colored up or showing good colors other than brown and green... if they exist. Thanks.

so those ones are blue instead of green or brown? I thought Nosey Be's were only blue when they fired up. Anyone know where I can go to see some Panthers in real life in Missouri?

When a male panther has multipule colors when he fires up, Do these colors show at all while he is at rest?? or is he only going to show green and brown?

Male panthers have beautiful coloration even at rest. The colors and markings intensify when they get fired up. Usually the reds under the neck the most. The female panthers, however, are more shades of peach and tan,sometimes brownish, with black showing up when stressed or fired up. Male veileds are the same as the panthers. They also have gorgeous colors at rest and more intense when fired up. Females are most often pretty shades of green. Sometimes you will see them with amazing and interesting lines or spots of yellow on them. I've never worked with ambanja or simbavas before but pics look awesome! Soooo many choices! Good luck!

i vote hoes or jacksons. hoes beacuse mine is always showing a powder blue back and white tummy and all the little lumps make her look cute and jackson becuse the horns are always interesting.

Mine!lol
3ca84bb9.jpg

If you are looking for more of a varity of colors. I'd say Ambliobes. They have nice colors in both the "fired up and at rest" states. The difference can be drastic.

This is my Ambliobe "at rest".
good.jpg

"Fired Up"
chancewow-1.jpg

Male panthers are certainly spectacular...but I'd be hard pressed to find on "prettier" than my little male peacock.

full

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW! those pics look great. :) And your at rest cham pic still has a lot of color! I wonder if I can keep a full grown
male and female panther pair in a 4x2x3 cage....

WOW! those pics look great. :) And your at rest cham pic still has a lot of color! I wonder if I can keep a full grown
male and female panther pair in a 4x2x3 cage....

NOYou can't keep them together in a cage!!!

But they are PRETTY:D:D:D

Make sure you do plenty of research before buying any cham. Please. Forum members cannot stress that enough. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder but just because something is beautiful does not mean one can care for them. They really are alot of work and you must have time for them. Sometimes I feel they are more time consuming than my two dogs.

Back
Top Bottom