What locale

M21

I would like to get some feedback about my panthers colors. I'm interested in what locale everyone thinks he's from.

Attachments

• Picture 112.jpg
    Picture 112.jpg
    259.4 KB · Views: 234
too early to tell atm

he has blue hues but that could mean ambilobe, nosybe, and even ambanja for the common ones

the breeder should have told you what locale he is, if he doesnt that sucks

He did... I'm just trying to see what others think because the colors right now don't seem very common for his locale (I know it's hard to tell since his colors are just starting to show). He is my first Panther though, so all I can do is compare to other pictures.

Nope... He's actually an Ambilobe. I'm wondering if anyone else has had ambilobes that start out with blues showing first.

Nope... He's actually an Ambilobe. I'm wondering if anyone else has had ambilobes that start out with blues showing first.

Yes, I call it their Nosy Be phase. If I hadn't known better I would have swore my ambilobe was a Nosy for 2-3 weeks;)

Thanks to everyone who has replied. I had know idea that they could start showing blue first. I love this site. Has anyone else had panthers that started off showing colors or patterns not common for their locale. Pictures would be awesome!

I have blue bar ambilobes that look like that, and the reds can take some time. Your guy looks like a healthy juvi too.

I have blue bar ambilobes that look like that, and the reds can take some time. Your guy looks like a healthy juvi too.

Ha Tom that doesn't surprise me you have some that look like that. I got him from you lol. Rango is doing great. You're right his growth has exploded, especially in the last three to four weeks.

Blue was the first color to show on my entire clutch of ambis, at around 3 months their reds really started coming in. They change so fast when small, none of them look like they started off. Cute little bugger too :)

Ha Tom that doesn't surprise me you have some that look like that. I got him from you lol. Rango is doing great. You're right his growth has exploded, especially in the last three to four weeks.

Great to hear, I had no idea. He looks nice and healthy!! Your boys genetics orginate back to Fierce who was a long time sire for Chameleons 101. Go check out their web page and look at Fierce. Some say he is a Nosy be x Ambilobe, but Eric at Chams101 has told me many times Fierce is pure Ambilobe. I see why some argue Fierce is crossed, as I questioned offsping too. Either way, Fierce is a stunning chameleon and hopefully yours will look like him. :)

Last edited:
Great to hear, I had no idea. He looks nice and healthy!! Your boys genetics orginate back to Fierce who was a long time sire for Chameleons 101. Go check out their web page and look at Fierce. Some say he is a Nosy be x Ambilobe, but Eric at Chams101 has told me many times Fierce is pure Ambilobe. I see why some argue Fierce is crossed, as I questioned offsping too. Either way, Fierce is a stunning chameleon and hopefully yours will look like him. :)

Fierce is amazing looking. That would be awesome if he turned out like him.

Back
Top Bottom