What's all this about silk plants?

Parker

I've heard you shouldn't use silk plants in a terrainium but why?

Are they harmful or just crappy??

Also chams might try to eat them and choke and die. :(

Aaallso they don't help with humidity. As a general rule: a live plant brings humidity to 50% and keeps it that way.

In my experience, I've caught a few chams trying to eat fake plants (luckily they were very secure plants though), and they ended up with some funky injuries on their lips and got ducklips.

I have used silk plants for a long while and never had a problem with my panther chameleons. Since they don't eat plant matter is not really an issue... But I guess maybe a veiled could try and chow down.

Generally It's good to have some live plants in there if you are having trouble keeping your humidity up.

I have used silk plants for a long while and never had a problem with my panther chameleons. Since they don't eat plant matter is not really an issue... But I guess maybe a veiled could try and chow down.

Generally It's good to have some live plants in there if you are having trouble keeping your humidity up.

my baby panther would try to eat them he would never get a piece but i took em out for safe measure i wouldn't want to to eventually get some while i wasn't looking

Back
Top Bottom