Where can I find a good wire mesh for making an enclosure?

DavePope

I live in the UK and am finding it hard to find an appropriate size mesh for my new enclosure. Any help would be very useful. Thanks.

Have you thought about purchasing a reptile cage that is already built? Mail-order via the internet is a great way to do it. If you want to go this route, I would recommend www.cagesbydesign.com. They use crimp lock stainless steel for their reptile cages. Plus they are a custom manufacturer so you can specify the materials you want to use.

Give this place a try - it was recommended to me by another member who built his own cage. http://www.themeshcompany.com/acatalog/Stainless-Steel-Woven-Mesh-per-metre.html I never got around to building a new cage in the end. Maybe one day ...

Here's a link to his project too https://www.chameleonforums.com/my-build-guide-everyones-use-38695/

I also found that a local ironmonger/hardware store sells wire for animal cages, etc in sheets. I bought a small sheet to replace a section of Tommy's cage top.

If you are building an outdoor enclosure I would recommend using aluminum window screen, with wood 2x2's for the frame. The bottom and top can be aluminum screen. Just use 2x2's across the bottom on which to place your potted plants such as ficus benjamina
or scheflerra. I have a 6'x2.5'x6' outdoor cage built this way with 3 Johnston's and a Jamaican anole in it. They love it!

If you are building an outdoor enclosure I would recommend using aluminum window screen, with wood 2x2's for the frame. The bottom and top can be aluminum screen. Just use 2x2's across the bottom on which to place your potted plants such as ficus benjamina
or scheflerra. I have a 6'x2.5'x6' outdoor cage built this way with 3 Johnston's and a Jamaican anole in it. They love it!

Haha I wish i could build an outdoor enclosure. Trouble is i live in the UK so Rarely exceeds 25 degrees celsius (77 Fahrenheit) here! :cool:

Thanks though.

Back
Top Bottom