White, Mucusy poop, Reasons why?

Corallee

So my female veiled chameleons poop(not urate) is coded in a white mucus like-goo. She laid eggs 11/2/12 and i've been dusting every feeding with calcium dust where before i was dusting 3-4 feedings a week. Could this be why? Or is there something else..... Usually her poop is nice brown drops.. i attached a picture of her weird pooooo!

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 278
  • download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 659
Hi, Just a guess but i would say you are correct. That it is probably excessive calcium.

I can create a list on many reason why not to have substrate with many species of chameleons, veileds being one of them. This just becomes a bacterial waste land even if you spot clean. Its just a matter of time when your chameleon will shoot an insect on the ground and pick up some substrate along with it. Two things can come of this if this goes on for a period of time. 1. The cham will become ill from injesting bacteria, its own feces and urine that was absorbed into the substrate 2. If the chameleon is not getting enough hydration. Substrate that is designed to absorb moisture (like Eco earth) will impact your kid. Prevent a possible bad situation and take the stuff out ;)

Last edited:
Hi, Just a guess but i would say you are correct. That it is probably excessive calcium.

I can create a list on many reason why not to have substrate with many species of chameleons, veileds being one of them. This just becomes a bacterial waste land even if you spot clean. Its just a matter of time when your chameleon will shoot and insect on the ground and pick up some substrate along with it. Two things can come of this if this goes on for a period of time. 1. The cham will become ill from injesting bacteria, its own feces and urine that was absorbed into the substrate 2. If the chameleon is not getting enough hydration. Substrate that is designed to absorb moisture (like Eco earth) will impact your kid. Prevent a possible bad situation and take the stuff out ;)

Truer words have never been spoken. Get the substrate out of your baby's enclosure!

Back
Top Bottom