Who am I?

Thank you very much, hoping that you're right=)

some pictures of what we have at home right now(sory some of them are taged but i'm to lazy for researching the clean one=))

trying to show you that we dont only have "weird" animals =)

thank you again

Attachments

• IMGP0190.JPG
    IMGP0190.JPG
    60 KB · Views: 279
  • IMGP1767.JPG
    IMGP1767.JPG
    84.2 KB · Views: 272
Wow, C. tigris huh? Nice. I've heard those are very difficult to keep.

Chris

Honestly, they're easy to keep, as long as you get some good animals, they need a lot of humidity and warm temperature all year long.

realy easier than same size calumma, like nasuta or falax, for us at least.

They all look like globifer to me. I would love to have a Tiger chameleon. It takes alot to make me drool but that did! They look great.

a quick update showing what's happening here=)

eggs were layed on decembre 08, first baby appears this morning.

Attachments

• DSC_0599.JPG
    DSC_0599.JPG
    170.8 KB · Views: 246
  • DSC_0602.JPG
    DSC_0602.JPG
    215.4 KB · Views: 206
  • DSC_0603.JPG
    DSC_0603.JPG
    158.3 KB · Views: 181
  • DSC_0605.JPG
    DSC_0605.JPG
    165.9 KB · Views: 216
  • DSC_0611.JPG
    DSC_0611.JPG
    139.8 KB · Views: 189
Great news, congrats! Are these from the globifer you posted in this thread or from your parsonii? What were your incubation temperatures?

Chris

Hi Chris,

it's a orange eyes.

The purpose of this incubation was to try keeping eggs in an environment as close as possible as the parental environment.

I've noticed that my orange eyes doesn't like cold winter. the whole process take exactly 2 years(mating was in july 08, laying in decembre 08, hatching in jully 2010)

For me the most important part of the process was to have acclimated adult, all CB, and to keep parameter of the eggs in the same condition as they're genitors.

Hope you understand what I'm trying to explain with my awful english=)

Yeah, that makes sense. Congrats again! Can you give any details of the temperatures you used and if you varied the temperatures at all during the incubation?

Chris

sure,

the temperatures vary from 17/20°(night and day)in winter from 20/25° in summer

trying to not get under 16° and to keep bellow 27°, I'm not using incubator, as explained, eggs are in the same room as the animals, in a dark closet.

edit: of course i'm speaking in Celsius =)

thank you very much=)

Those eggs wasn't ours, a good friend give us a part of a clutch.

In december 09 one of our female layed 18 eggs, and if all goes well, we should have others clutch in a few months

Here's an X-ray from November 09.

Attachments

• IMG_0117.jpg
    IMG_0117.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 213
some pictures from this morning ^^

Attachments

• DSC_0617.JPG
    DSC_0617.JPG
    175.5 KB · Views: 170
  • DSC_0618.JPG
    DSC_0618.JPG
    120.7 KB · Views: 213
  • DSC_0619.JPG
    DSC_0619.JPG
    145.5 KB · Views: 221
@ Hi all,
I have never posted here, but I'm a long time reader.

I'm the friend @gneuz told about.

So I think it may be interesting to tell some more things about these parson babies.

The parents are both 5 years old CB (real CB's, as they come out of a very well known german line and a french line) Orange eyes (male with white head)

I've had a first clutch in 2007. The female laid 22 eggs end of December (27.12) I split of the whole clutch and gave the eggs to several cameleon keepers in order that everyone could try different incubation methods.

I tried myself to incubate at different temperatures : 4 eggs with a constant temperature, 4 eggs with 2 diapauses of 3 months.
The eggs, that were incubated with constant temperature, didn't have an embryogenese at all. In the other eggs, I had 4 totally formed parsonii babies, but they weren't able to come out of the shell (or rather they died in the shell). The only keeper who was able to keep the eggs at their term, had to experience the same thing as me.

The parents mated again in July 2008, and I had 27 eggs early december.
I've acted in the same way as for the first clutch.

For the moment 3 parsons are born last 3 weeks at the homes of 3 different keepers, with slightly 3 different incubation methods.

Hoping that we will have other babies (especially at my home:rolleyes:)

The globifer males and females are usually different colors...males more true green and females slightly more brownish green from what I remember. The rostral processes are shorter in females....not hard to tell when you have both sexes together...but you should still be able to see the difference if you only have one. The tail is definitely typical...similar to panthers at the base...so you should be able to sex them by that too.

male...
http://photos.wildmadagascar.org/images/pictures/madagascar_0243.shtml
female...
http://photos.wildmadagascar.org/images/pictures/madagascar_0416.shtml

The globifer males and females are usually different colors...males more true green and females slightly more brownish green from what I remember. The rostral processes are shorter in females....not hard to tell when you have both sexes together...but you should still be able to see the difference if you only have one. The tail is definitely typical...similar to panthers at the base...so you should be able to sex them by that too.

male...
http://photos.wildmadagascar.org/images/pictures/madagascar_0243.shtml
female...
http://photos.wildmadagascar.org/images/pictures/madagascar_0416.shtml

That has got to be one of the best pictures I have seen of a female. Would not mind a print to frame for my wall. I think that is a sub adult female though.

Last edited:
Too bad ADCHAM is still down...I had a couple of pictures of a pair up on it and it showed the differences well.

Back
Top Bottom