Work in progress.

Smiley

I know I still have a lot left to fix and do, but I bought a few things and put some things together to make the new Jackson's feel more at home. Added a bendy-vine, a couple silk red flowers, a silk ficus bunch, and 3 horizontal perches for him that is covered by another artificial plant to help him get a grip. Oh and a few naturalistic looking plants on the bottom to make it look prettier. Also bought a spray mister and new UVB bulb :D it looks a lot better and he has more places to hide and climb.

image.jpg

Looks great - especially since you've only had him a couple of days and you didn't have much time to research-
Jackson's are not usually the ideal chameleon to start with as they are more sensitive - but your off to a great start - and at least have reptile experience- I didn't when I got mine and it was a big learning curve. They really like a lot of branches and he's got to be liking what you've done with the place it will help a lot with him feeling at home -

Thank you so much! I plan on getting him a bigger enclosure within a week (maybe two; surprise expenses), and many more decorations. He will love it and I'll have fun decorating, haha. I am also fairly certain he's enjoying his first night with no lights on— that had to be bothersome for him. I'm pretty excited with how it's coming together; his enclosure before looks pitiful compared to how it is now, and I'm motivated to keep improving it for his well being and happiness :)

In what ways are they typically more sensitive? Humidity and heat? And I've had reptiles most of my life, and had many 'surprise' additions is I am sort of used to the scramble. The forum has help tremendously though and it and it's members are invaluable.

I notice that the better I got with gut loading the better my jackson looked and acted- whereas with my panther it didn't seem to matter as much (I'm sure it did but it wasn't as noticeable)
She likes a drop at night in temps and when it's cool at night she's up early and hungry - warmer nights she's not as happy to wake up -

I notice that the better I got with gut loading the better my jackson looked and acted- whereas with my panther it didn't seem to matter as much (I'm sure it did but it wasn't as noticeable)
She likes a drop at night in temps and when it's cool at night she's up early and hungry - warmer nights she's not as happy to wake up -

Ditto! Especially on the gutloading/nutrition. You have to be careful with the D3 and multivitamin; it is very easy to over supplement a Jax. Jax can be picky eaters, too, so getting a variety of foods that he will eat can be a fun challenge :D

Lookin good!

However, I would still add more branches for climbing. Even stick some vertical ones in there going from the bottom of the cage to the top. Less change of the cham climbing on the screen, tearing out a nail.

Back
Top Bottom