Xanth adults - age?

Miss Lily

Chameleon Enthusiast
What age is classed as 'adult' as far as Jackson Xanths are concerned? Monty is 7 months old now and still rather small! I am interested to know at what age he would be classed as an adult. I have been asked this and I don't know the answer! Thanks in advance for any insight!

My guess would be around a year, maybe slightly longer. Right about that age my boy really took off growth wise. He was very similar to Montys size too.

i saw the thread and the pics of your cham, i also have a xanth jacksons and i was told on here that mine was about a year and 2 months old but in the picture where your cham is one year old he looks wayy bigger than my 14 month old jackson. do some grow bigger than others at one year old? or was i told wrong?

I'm not too sure about xanth I personally own a mt Kenyan Jackson who's about a year old and is a decent size for a Jackson

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334005302.915294.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334005302.915294.jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 129
i saw the thread and the pics of your cham, i also have a xanth jacksons and i was told on here that mine was about a year and 2 months old but in the picture where your cham is one year old he looks wayy bigger than my 14 month old jackson. do some grow bigger than others at one year old? or was i told wrong?

Who are you referring to?

To clarify, that is Jdog1027's thread, not mine.

Im not sure if you were told wrong.

A picture of when you got him, and a current pic would help. ;)

What age is classed as 'adult' as far as Jackson Xanths are concerned? Monty is 7 months old now and still rather small! I am interested to know at what age he would be classed as an adult. I have been asked this and I don't know the answer! Thanks in advance for any insight!

The world will consider Monty an adult at one year, but that doesn't really matter. He will always be your baby.

Who are you referring to?

i ment your thread, the one you posted in a comment.
i dont have any pics of when i got them but got them not to long ago.
here is a pic of my female and male, if anybody could give me a close estimate i would apriciate it very much, the pet store where i got them didnt know how old they are so i know i will never know excacly how old they are but a close estimate would be great.

Attachments

• 2012-04-10_22_37_25.jpg
    2012-04-10_22_37_25.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 140
  • 2012-03-26_16_21_11.jpg
    2012-03-26_16_21_11.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 154

i ment your thread, the one you posted in a comment.
i dont have any pics of when i got them but got them not to long ago.
here is a pic of my female and male, if anybody could give me a close estimate i would apriciate it very much, the pet store where i got them didnt know how old they are so i know i will never know excacly how old they are but a close estimate would be great.

I would say that around a year sounds good, give or take a month or so.
The female looks a bit younger than the male, maybe just under a year at the youngest?
She should go through some more color changes/variations still.
I have never had a male, so i cant speak on him as much.

Beautiful looking jacksons. :)

wow, I was told my Xanth was about a year and his horns a way shorter than that... if mines a year, then yours looks like 1.5 years.. but then again... who knows horn zize to age ratio?

Attachments

• Day out 1 005.jpg
    Day out 1 005.jpg
    268.2 KB · Views: 109
wow, I was told my Xanth was about a year and his horns a way shorter than that... if mines a year, then yours looks like 1.5 years.. but then again... who knows horn zize to age ratio?

your xanth cham horns look to be about half the size of mine and a bit thicker, so if yours is one year old and mine is 1.5 years old, then in 5 months your chams horns will be twice as big? they grow that fast once they reach around one year old? perhaps my xanth cham is older then 1.5 years? or could my suppost xanth not be a xanth jacksons? anybody know about there horns? my guess is that most lickly i do have an xanth cham and every male xanth chams have different size horns at differant ages then others? some are long and skinny and others are short and thick?

your xanth cham horns look to be about half the size of mine and a bit thicker, so if yours is one year old and mine is 1.5 years old, then in 5 months your chams horns will be twice as big? they grow that fast once they reach around one year old? perhaps my xanth cham is older then 1.5 years? or could my suppost xanth not be a xanth jacksons? anybody know about there horns? my guess is that most lickly i do have an xanth cham and every male xanth chams have different size horns at differant ages then others? some are long and skinny and others are short and thick?

we both have xanths, but yours may be older maybe even 2 years... i wouldnt be able to tell you for sure, i have yet to find out the age of mine

Back
Top Bottom