First Vet Visit

Yljohnson

Kiri is at her first vet visit, due to her refusing to eat. They’re running bloodwork and did x-rays. Our girl could use all the good vibes for a positive outcome🥺.

Attached a photo, she’s clearly not happy with me🫣.

Attachments

• IMG_9539.jpeg
    IMG_9539.jpeg
    151.8 KB · Views: 4
Were you able to have a fecal test run?
Unfortunately no. With her refusing to eat, her stomach is pretty empty. But the vet is planning to send me home with dewormer, just in case, along with a few other things. I’m waiting for the time being for her to come back in here and tell me the results.

Without a fecal, the antiparasite medication is a guess/shotgun approach…it might work or it might not depending on what parasite she has, if any.

Unfortunately no. With her refusing to eat, her stomach is pretty empty. But the vet is planning to send me home with dewormer, just in case, along with a few other things. I’m waiting for the time being for her to come back in here and tell me the results.
Just note... Note all dewormers work for all parasites. This is why knowing what parasite it is becomes important. You could medicate which is hard on their organs with something that will not even treat the parasite if she has one.

Just note... Note all dewormers work for all parasites. This is why knowing what parasite it is becomes important. You could medicate which is hard on their organs with something that will not even treat the parasite if she has one.
Her X-rays came back showing a lot of gas in her stomach, so the medication is also supposed to help with her gut microbes/bacteria. They’re giving her a vitamin shot with a, b, c, and e, and sending me home with a liquid supplement to get some calories in her because she’s so thin. She also said she should hopefully get her bloodwork results tomorrow and if it shows a low count then they’ll readjust her treatment. Everything else in her X-rays looked great, all her other organs and her bones.

Her X-rays came back showing a lot of gas in her stomach, so the medication is also supposed to help with her gut microbes. They’re giving her a vitamin shot with a, b, c, and e, and sending me home with a liquid supplement to get some calories in her because she’s so thin. She also said she should hopefully get her bloodwork results tomorrow and if it shows a low count then they’ll readjust her treatment. Everything else in her X-rays looked great, all her other organs and her bones.
I am not a fan of vitamin shots for chams if they have already been given those vitamins as they were supposed to be with the supplements we give.

I am not a fan of vitamin shots for chams if they have already been given those vitamins as they were supposed to be with the supplements we give.
I think their concern is she stopped eating a week ago. Although I kept putting feeders in there for her, dusted and gut loaded, she refused to eat any of them. She only weighed 2 grams today.

I think their concern is she stopped eating a week ago. Although I kept putting feeders in there for her, dusted and gut loaded, she refused to eat any of them. She only weighed 2 grams today.
Um are you sure about the weight? 2 grams is like that of a hatchling.

Yeah that is pretty small. Do you know how old she is? Adult females normal weight range is anywhere from 50-70grams without eggs.
The guess I was given was on here, and the vet says they think the same, is she’s around 4 months.

She looks bigger than a 4 month old female. I think she is a bit older than that. Based on the pic you posted of her on your hand when you first got her. That is more like a 4 month old comparing her to your hand.

Back
Top Bottom