3...2...1...go!!

Wow that is amazing that your green house holds such a good temp. I know that if you have screen sides that are covered it will be harder to keep the temp than if you had solid sides. Those were just the first things that come to my mind. We really do have a lot of strong northern winds here in the winter. I don't doubt that 2x2s would do the job if they are braced properly. To me it all really depends on the final foundation you choose to use and how you choose to either go with a green house type of enclosure or a screened enclosure. My chameleon cage is on the north side of my house. It has a medium sized circular window with two 48 inch 5.0 bulbs and two hundred watt mercury vapor bulbs in it. During the winter months I have a space heater inside the cage set at about 78 degrees.
At the window which is four feet off the floor from the heater the temp holds around 82 to 85 degrees during the warmest part of the day if the temps are cooler outside. I think it is totally possible, but would prepare for the dealing with the coldest temps. It is easy to under estimate the what the wind here can do. My cage is roughly 10x7x4.

Back
Top Bottom