47 Healthy Baby Veileds!!

wow! nice one congrats! just out of curiosity, what incubator did you use and what substrate? we have a juragon pro reptile incubator and have successfully hatched tortoise eggs in it but haven't done chameleon eggs as yet so was just wondering the best way to do it. :D

wow! nice one congrats! just out of curiosity, what incubator did you use and what substrate? we have a juragon pro reptile incubator and have successfully hatched tortoise eggs in it but haven't done chameleon eggs as yet so was just wondering the best way to do it. :D

The incubator was a closet and the substrate was vermiculite. Just kept them in cooler temps, say around 74 at night to around 77 daylight hours. I really prefer vermiculite over perlite, just seems to keep the humidity up better and the water lasts longer in there. You dont want the substrate to wet, just enough to keep the humidity up. The general rule is to squeeze a handful of the substrate and just have a drop or two come out. These eggs incubated just shy of 6 months, and they are all very healthy and man do they eat. And I mean they are eating right out of the egg. Usually it takes them a day or two. I have hatched quite a few veiled eggs as well as some panther eggs and also had some jacksons which are live bearers, and I had the most trouble of keeping the jackson babies alive. Couldnt get them to eat as well as the others. Which I have found veileds to be the easiest to raise from birth.

So glad to hear that :D
They are adorable!

Thanks Stefan, they take after there mother!!! The sire is from FL Chams, the Janoris line. They are gonna be awesome. They are growing so fast. Havent seen you on here much, I know school keeps you busy. By the way, how is Momma (Clea) doing?

Baby veileds are just way too cute! I visited my fried who had a clutch two weeks old and the last egg waited until I was there and the tiny baby girly cham opened her eyes for the first time and took her first steps right out of the egg onto my hand! That was the most special moment ever, apart from giving birth to my kids! It came a VERY close second!

Baby veileds are just way too cute! I visited my fried who had a clutch two weeks old and the last egg waited until I was there and the tiny baby girly cham opened her eyes for the first time and took her first steps right out of the egg onto my hand! That was the most special moment ever, apart from giving birth to my kids! It came a VERY close second!

It is definately cool to watch them come out of the egg and start walking. They are the most unique reptiles, and that tongue, amazing!!

Back
Top Bottom