6-Bulb T5 HO Fixture?

caietaro

I'm having a custom cage built that's 36" wide so I'll need to buy a new light when I move my male Panther, Cameron into the new cage. Right now I have the 24" Quad Tropic Blaze fixture from LYR which is great. But for the new cage I already have a 36" T5 HO fixture from my reef tank hobby that I'm wondering if I can use. Of course I'd switch out the bulbs for Acadia bulbs, but I'm wondering if a 6-bulb fixture would be too much? Maybe two 6% UVB bulbs, one on each far end, and then the rest plant bulbs? I imagine it would put out a decent amount of heat so I'd need to change out my basking bulb for something lower wattage.

Does anyone think a 6-bulb light would be too bright (if that's even a thing)? For reference, the cage will 36" wide x 24" deep by 36" tall.

No, not to bright, I use a 6 bulb fixture over a cage although it is 5' tall. Either way, you only need one UVB bulb and with that size cage, use the 12% bulb.

That sounds great, thanks! I may ask the builder to make the cage 48" tall instead but I'm assuming that'd still only require one 12% bulb?

Back
Top Bottom