Air flow - computer fan?

haksui

Anyone think it would be a good idea to use small computer fans to create additional air flow for a chameleon enclosure. I think the small amount of air flow from a computer fan would mimic the breeze the chameleon would get in their natural habitat. Good idea or more problems would arise? Explain if you think it could be a bad idea.

If you have the fan pulling air rather than blowing it would be a good idea. Are you putting this on top of an all screen cage, exo terra, etc?

Yes. That is my plan. My enclosure has a top screen and part of the front is screened. The rest of the sides is glass.

I have the small muffin computer fans on top my cages. My cages are all screen for I have montanes who need lots of humidity. I can keep my humidity up even with the small amout of air flow from the fan. Mine sit on top and blow out. There is no draft under the fan.

Be aware most people strongly disagreed with my practice of doing this. I am a rebel and do what works for me.

I have a 12v 120mm fan running on a 5v adapter in mine. I cant hear it but it blows as much as a full speed 80mm one.

Back
Top Bottom