An Odd Question...

So the chameleons use the various bridges and ladders? That was a feature I was planning to add to my ongoing chameleon enclosure initial setup but was wondering if they actually use such furniture? Have you ever tried the lizard ladders made of mesh?

Hey Joleen!

I had a problem logging in for a while, but, it gave me time to assess the cages...

My babies like the 3 foot ladder, but, they LOVE the rope ladder I turned into a bridge! I've seen them use it to sleep on all night, hang out under the UVB- and spot- lights, or just chill out.

They like the bridge better than the umbrella trees that were nearly triple the money -- of course!

I found a new type of bridge that is wired so it can be bent. It's called the Preview Naturals Wonder Walk, and it's from Drs. Foster and Smith (pic attached), and I can't wait to receive it next week.

* Bend to any shape and fasten anywhere inside of cage or out
* Forms a horizontal, slanted, or vertical bridge
* Creates extra space for perching, resting, or climbing

"Made of hollow rubberwood sticks strung along two stainless steel wires to form a bridge. Curved hooks on each end of bridge allows you to attach to side or top of cage."

It's amazing how much use I can get out of bird things for my chameleons...

ai-88642-75448K.jpg
p-88642-75446K_008_main.jpg

The mesh hammock was great for my bearded, but, the chameleons don't lay down, they hug a branch, or the side of the rope bridge to sleep.

Last edited:
Thanks for the Drs Foster and Smith tip! I saw a few different bridges on Amazon but this one looks even nicer...I will order one ASAP. Nice to know the chameleons utilize the bridge on a regular basis. They are odd creatures with more than a few similarities to some the birds( laying eggs kind of like chickens and living their lives in trees for instance) makes sense they would be able to enjoy bird innovations.

Back
Top Bottom