Any tips for recovering chameleon

emilily

Poor Bob has had a temporal gland infection for a few months. At his first vet visit, we were given some blue medicine to swab on it, which worked last time. So this time that didn't work and he was starting to look pretty bad, so he had another vet visit yesterday. They said that they had to do surgery to get some of the pus out, and now he is on baytril and I have to rub the pus out every day and swab the area.
So, does anyone have any advice for how to make things easier on him while he has a sore mouth and on antibiotics?

I'm sorry to hear about Bob. It's always a good idea to keep them well hydrated while on any antibiotic. I would also feed him soft feeders such as silkworms while his mouth heals. I hope he has a speedy recovery this time.

I have heard of people administering drugs and alcohol in very small doses. Both of these will slow down the healing process and may cause an unintentionally overdose your cham. There really is not much you can do besidea give the best care possible and maybe an extra treat or two for being a good sport. I wish you and your cham the best and a swift recovery

Back
Top Bottom