Apparently, my Chameleon doesn't like Silk worms...

NERVOUS

Avid Member
I received my first pod of Silk worms a couple days ago. Unfortunately, my Cham doesn't seem to like them. :rolleyes:

I had high hopes Silk worms would be a big hit given how nutritious they are... And how voraciously he consumes Horn worms. Best I've been able to manage to-date is 1-2 worms per feeding. :(

Not sure if I should try to pupate these worms (to use the moths as feeders) or try painting them bluish-green (to trick my Cham into thinking they're Horn worms). :ROFLMAO:

i order horn worms for my panther cham when he was about 4.5 months old and he didnt like them, I tried again at about 7 months still didnt like them. now he is 9 months old and loves them

Don't give up on silkworms many times it takes several attempts when introducing new feeders to Chams.
Last time I ordered silkworms both panthers went into shed and ate very few also, so I let let them turn to moths. Variety is the Spice of live.
Don't let them go to waste
Dave

Try feed it to him early in the morning after he finish basking ,sometimes when the cham will eat right after misting or whenever he feel the most hungry moments .

Back
Top Bottom