Arcadia T5HO 12% uvb output -solarmeter-

Hi Hdale85,
I saw the post and I figured I would just chime in. :)
If the light is only 1 foot to 2 feet away from the animal... then the 6% bulb(s) will be fine.
Do not use 4 UV bulbs.:p TOO MUCH UV.
One or two will be fine and then use 2 good quality 5.5K to 6.5K daylight bulbs.

4 t5's will give allot of light.... so I assune you will be providing plenty of shaded areas. :cool:

And remember remember to do "dawn" and "dusk" if you can.
If it that fixture only has one plug and you can not "step up" the lighting and then "step it down" like Nature...
than please just make sure you have shaded areas.:D

Cheers!
Todd
lightyourreptiles@yahoo .com
PS. remember to e-mail if you or anyone would like the Arcadia out put sheets with pics and Solarmeter readings. :)

Thanks, and yes I'm not using 4 UV's lol! The only reason I didn't go for the Arcadia this time around is because I'm buying a whole bunch of stuff at once right now and funds are running out! When I go to replace it though I'll likely go with the Arcadia. For now I just got one of the Reptisun, and the other 3 bulbs are 6500k grow bulbs. The fixture I got has 3 plugs and 3 different lighting modes, there is a moon glow LED plug, then 2 different sets of the T5 bulbs. I plan on getting a timer and probably doing in the morning the Reptisun with one T5, and then towards afternoon turn on the other T5's, then at night probably just the 6500K's and then moon lighting at night. At least this is the plan :) I may have to buy 2 of tose Zilla programmable power strips unfortunately.

Oh and yes there will be plenty of shade! I haven't gotten to that part of my build yet. Just trying to get the expensive stuff out of the way lol, and I still have to finish my cage.

Thanks, and yes I'm not using 4 UV's lol! The only reason I didn't go for the Arcadia this time around is because I'm buying a whole bunch of stuff at once right now and funds are running out! When I go to replace it though I'll likely go with the Arcadia. For now I just got one of the Reptisun, and the other 3 bulbs are 6500k grow bulbs. The fixture I got has 3 plugs and 3 different lighting modes, there is a moon glow LED plug, then 2 different sets of the T5 bulbs. I plan on getting a timer and probably doing in the morning the Reptisun with one T5, and then towards afternoon turn on the other T5's, then at night probably just the 6500K's and then moon lighting at night. At least this is the plan :) I may have to buy 2 of tose Zilla programmable power strips unfortunately.

Oh and yes there will be plenty of shade! I haven't gotten to that part of my build yet. Just trying to get the expensive stuff out of the way lol, and I still have to finish my cage.

Do make a reptisun that is T-5? I thought they were only T-8.

Solarmeter Meaurements of T5 Bulb out put at 12" 12% and 6%

Solarmeter measurements of Arcadia T5 HO bulbs at 12 Inches.

With and With out Screening

Hope it helps !:)

Cheers!
Todd
lightyourreptiles.com

Attachments

• solarmeter and arcadia testing 12.jpg
    solarmeter and arcadia testing 12.jpg
    212.8 KB · Views: 181
HO T5 UV output at 24" Solarmeter Readings, with and with out screening

New Arcadia HO T5 UV output at 24" Solarmeter Readings, with and with out screening.

Hope it helps!:D

Cheers,
Todd
www.lightyourreptiles.com

Attachments

• solarmeter and arcadia testing 24.jpg
    solarmeter and arcadia testing 24.jpg
    210.3 KB · Views: 192
im a little confused as i dont keep cham's but im looking too soon. is this thread showing that 12.0 is too much ? if so ill have to change as thats on my check-list of what to buy. thanks

im a little confused as i dont keep cham's but im looking too soon. is this thread showing that 12.0 is too much ? if so ill have to change as thats on my check-list of what to buy. thanks

It depends on how close the bulb / fixture is to the animal.

Basic science: Farther away from the light source >>> the weaker the light is.

For most set-ups ... the 6% is fine.:D

It is not a good idea to use the 12% unless you have a Solarmeter at your disposal to measure the UV.:eek:

Solarmeters = GOOD TO HAVE!!

The 12% bulbs are STRONG... and most commonly kept Chams are not desert animals.

The 12% would be GREAT for free range set-ups though where the animal is 2 - 5 feet from the bulb.

Cheers!
Todd
LightYourReptiles.com :cool:

It depends on how close the bulb / fixture is to the animal.

Basic science: Farther away from the light source >>> the weaker the light is.

For most set-ups ... the 6% is fine.:D

It is not a good idea to use the 12% unless you have a Solarmeter at your disposal to measure the UV.:eek:

Solarmeters = GOOD TO HAVE!!

The 12% bulbs are STRONG... and most commonly kept Chams are not desert animals.

The 12% would be GREAT for free range set-ups though where the animal is 2 - 5 feet from the bulb.

Cheers!
Todd
LightYourReptiles.com :cool:

Thanks for the clarification looks like Ill be adjusting my first setup shopping list as I was going to get the D3+

Again Thanks
Neil

Very imformative thread for me because I'm going to get a T5 HO 4 bulb fixture for a big screen cage that in working on.

Back
Top Bottom