Awsome new cage!!!!

Davonat

Avid Member
Here are a few pics of Ernies new home...Hope you like them:)
I am a cabinet maker....and have an awsome shop at my disposal. I threw this together in a few days:rolleyes: Its solid oak with black aluminum screen. Its got solid oak raised panel doors. It also has Formica removable side panels for the winter when the humidity is so stinkin low.. They are some sort of bamboo pattern and water proof. The top of the cage is also the same material. It has a slide out bottom tray made of Corion and is also water proof. I dont pump tons of water thru my cages so no need for a whole drain system...I dampen the cage every few hours to keep humidity where its suposed to be and it drys out between mistings;) My dripper catch has a drain pipe that drains into a milk jug in the cabinet. My new KICK BUTT hood is mounted on top.. Its got T5 HO UVB- 2 day basking bulbs and 2 Indoor Sunshine compact flouresents for plant health.The screen part is 24X37X48 and the base cabinet is 27X40X 26 1/2 tall I may have to go all artificial plants and vines for now because there arent any good plants at the stores for another month or 2:eek: I have a ton of cool stuff though!!! I will post pics when thats done too:cool:

Attachments

• The new cage 001.jpg
    The new cage 001.jpg
    242.5 KB · Views: 436
  • The new cage 003.jpg
    The new cage 003.jpg
    248 KB · Views: 386
  • The new cage 004.jpg
    The new cage 004.jpg
    245.8 KB · Views: 408
  • The new cage 005.jpg
    The new cage 005.jpg
    243.5 KB · Views: 450
  • The hood 001.jpg
    The hood 001.jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 355
Last edited:
Really cool, I'm sure Ernie will be grateful :D Top notch cabinet making skills.........

Realy nice build! I do cabinets and custom furniture too and I appreciate the attention to detail in your cage. Raised panels for the base, nice!

Great build!!! really i thought mine were nioce but man that is AWSOME!!!!
rep coming your way:)

Great build!!! really i thought mine were nioce but man that is AWSOME!!!!
rep coming your way:)

Thanx Hoj.! It will probably take me the rest of the weekend to get the insides done. I got my Solar Meter & Temp gauge on hand to set everything just rite. Ernie can keep an eye on me from his Free Range....And shout at me if Im not doing it to his specs!!:rolleyes:

This is awwwsome!! I really like the fact that this can be part of your Furniture and not just a cage in your house.

A.r.e.

Here it is... Almost Ready for Ernie.. Just gotta move it to its spot and plug in the power strip and the last Mist King line;) It will get redecorated once I can find some nice plants around here..... Should get some about April;) It will do till then. Im trying that Exo Terra Moss Mat.. Should work if I clean it several times a week. Im SO sick of going thru miles of paper towels!:mad:

Getting mid 80's on my basking lights....& mid 50's on my Solar Meter:) I may go to a 12% Arcadia instead of the 6% when it gets the LIVE PLANT makeover. Hope you like it... Dave

Attachments

• A.R.E 007.jpg
    A.R.E 007.jpg
    255.5 KB · Views: 199
Looks amazing!! I'm gonna be making my cage sooner or later. Whenever I get the material to make it all. And the money to get the material. Haha. Any helpful hints you might have for the first time cham cage builder.?

Looks amazing!! I'm gonna be making my cage sooner or later. Whenever I get the material to make it all. And the money to get the material. Haha. Any helpful hints you might have for the first time cham cage builder.?

All I can say is...Its not hard if you have all the tools;) I could have made it alot fancier by putting a nice base molding around it and some crown molding at the top too. There really isnt anything fancy about it...Its just nice wood .If you start with good stuff... it makes good stuff:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom