Baby Cham sleeping during day ? Help?

Vpetit13

I just got two 7 week old ambilobe baby's

Both have been sleeping during the day I'm very worried ?

My basking temp is 82-85 with 50 watt zoomed bulb

And cool side 75

I'm also using 5.0 reptisun linear bulb
Misting 3 times a day

Help :(

This is a picture of my setup

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    250.5 KB · Views: 191
Need more info to help. Fill out the help sheet and hopefully we can help. Where did you get them from and how long have you had them? 7 weeks is pretty young to be shipped out. Did you contact person you bought them from?

did you get them from a reputable breeder? It is odd they both are sleeping. Either gotta be something in your set up causing it or some type of illness such as parasites that was passed on from one to the other. .

Your Chameleon - 7 week ambilobe pair have had them for 5 days
Handling - Have handled them once when putting them in enclosures
Feeding - feeding fruit flys and pinheads
Supplements - I have calcium w/o d3 use for cricket every day
Watering - misting 3 times a day , and made a homemade dropper today , I have seen them drink
Fecal Description - Brown with white , never done a fecal exam
History - Got them from a breeder in California

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Two 22 gallon reptariums
Lighting - zoomed 50 watt basking bulb , and 24 inch reptisun 5.0 linear bulb
Temperature - Basking temp was at 83 bringing the temp down by lifting lights
Low temp 70-74
Humidity - Humidity at 55% when misted at 70%
Plants - Artificial plants
Placement - in empty bedroom
Location - south Florida

Problem now both chams are sleeping during day

I contacted the breeder she did tell me the temperature is to high which would make them dehydrated and sleep , so I'm lowering the temperatures and she suggested doing a hydration chamber

You neeed a multivitamin. Also you need to gutload the feeders

Someone more expirience should help you more. Put some pics of the babies so we can see

I contacted the breeder she did tell me the temperature is to high which would make them dehydrated and sleep , so I'm lowering the temperatures and she suggested doing a hydration chamber

Temperature is fine that is not the problem in me perspective

In my opinion you buy them way to small they are in a critical part of their life you need to provide them exelent gutloading and food they can eat 15 pinkheads in 1 day. Also you need the multivitamin calcium w/o d3 and calcium with d3 sorry for the bad english

They aren't eating many crickets
I put a lot in there and they all seem to go towards the bottom where the baby's can't find them , the fruit flies they have been eating

I had the same problem with a jacksons that I had got from petco and it had mites that may be it try seeing if you can find some mites you can try giving a bath then drying them off with a white towel and you may see them if you find anything you can go from there

Back
Top Bottom