Best "Big" plant to get

mullberrysdream

I want to get Mulberry (6 month old veiled) a big plant for the bottom of his cage, and to also be able to use outside with him (now that the weather is warm).

Whats the best thing to get, I want something that has thick branches for him to be able to climb on.

Thanks for the help!!

I want to get Mulberry (6 month old veiled) a big plant for the bottom of his cage, and to also be able to use outside with him (now that the weather is warm).

Whats the best thing to get, I want something that has thick branches for him to be able to climb on.

Thanks for the help!!

Hybiscus
Ficus and other Small fruit trees
Schefflera

for height and thick branches at a reasonable price, hibiscus. but youll need to add a lot of light, keep them wet and prune the buds off before they flower. they tend to drop a lot of leaves after flowering.

ficus are nice but they to tend to get straggly in the lower regions, they really plump up (leafwise) near the light and forget about wasting energy in growth where there is less. they also have somewhat spindly branches, but that all depends on the age.

schefflera in my experience have a more consistent bushiness too them, retain a lot of leaves in lower light, and have good sturdy branches.

my recommendation? a combination. though imo hibiscus are a good bit of trouble if you dont want it to look like a sickly twig

btw if you can tell me where to get a mulberry tree ill love you forever. ive been looking so long and no nurserys carry them. to plant in my yard of course. but free worm food is always a plus

btw if you can tell me where to get a mulberry tree ill love you forever. ive been looking so long and no nurserys carry them. to plant in my yard of course. but free worm food is always a plus
Where you at geographically? In California it's kinda a no no, for nurserys to sell. But I've found them a home depots in my area. 6' trees for under 20.00. I also have a hybrized weeping mulberry that rocks, but it was'nt cheap.

I have a huge *** fern In my setup I've planted with organic soil and some sand and cleaned it out so if my cham felt like Laying she could which she has laid some eggs in the potted plant already.

BOSTON FERN (Nephrolepis exaltata bostoniensis)

is 9.99 for all their ferns all sizes so I got the biggest one and clipped the dead and washed it down really well. As well as spray mite spray on it just encase

The rubber tree is great because it has strong branches and as it grows you can form and mold the branches to grow how you want them to its also a type of ficus

I have a huge *** fern In my setup I've planted with organic soil and some sand and cleaned it out so if my cham felt like Laying she could which she has laid some eggs in the potted plant already.

BOSTON FERN (Nephrolepis exaltata bostoniensis)

is 9.99 for all their ferns all sizes so I got the biggest one and clipped the dead and washed it down really well. As well as spray mite spray on it just encase

or if you have the room do 2 plants. a Fern and something else maybe an Ivy that has vines of its own to attach it's self to the cage but you might have to trim it back once in a while because they tend to spread like crazy.

Back
Top Bottom