Best brands for Chameleons

The problem with substrate is that your chameleon could think it was food, and eat it and they can die from not being able to digest it. They could also just eat it by accudent

By the way, Does this look like a good photo(y):

image.jpeg

Also what happened to his crest??? It looks like a stub! :eek: Looks like MBD... I would take him to the vet ASAP good luck(y)
On one of my threads (if you been to it don't go back) his crest looked crooked, but I used my vet's tips and his crest is not as crooked. When I bought him, it was still crooked, but it doesn't look like how it used to anymore. He just looks different at that angle lol;).

I'm not being rude, judgemental, or cruel, but wood chips are an absolute hazard and bathing in a bowl of water is not natural, normal, or advisable, for chameleons, in their cage. Based on your postings, descriptions of your care, set-up, and problems you've had with the animal, I recommend you google search care for veiled chameleons and make mental or written notes about what consistent ideas are presented, as well as referring to the one that is here. You have some changes that need to be made for the best interest of the chameleon and they are small changes, but important ones, so I hope you take my advice and look into things a bit further.

He moves to the bottom for his "bath" (when he just sits in the water bowl).
No substrate at all is recommended even if you chameleon does not go near it. He could shoot at food and pick up a piece. also baths for chameleons is not very recommended either unless he has a sperm plug or some sort of sore on his foot. Chameleons should have water only by misting, drippers, or showers as far as i know.

No substrate at all is recommended even if you chameleon does not go near it. He could shoot at food and pick up a piece. also baths for chameleons is not very recommended either unless he has a sperm plug or some sort of sore on his foot. Chameleons should have water only by misting, drippers, or showers as far as i know.
Well, the bowl helps humidity but he just likes to do it.

Also, I really wash him every once in a while in a real bath. I watch over him the whole time and the water is not too deep. He will try to swim too. The water is not too hot for him either.

Also, I really wash him every once in a while in a real bath. I watch over him the whole time and the water is not too deep. He will try to swim too. The water is not too hot for him either.
Chameleons are not like dogs, they don't need baths and they don't like to swim. You're pretty much stressing him out and terrifying him. No matter what you think he does not like it. It's TORTURE

Chameleons are not like dogs, they don't need baths and they don't like to swim. You're pretty much stressing him out and terrifying him. No matter what you think he does not like it. It's TORTURE
How do you know it is torture. Have you seen him swimming?
I'm am not being rude but, please think before you speak

Back
Top Bottom