Big girl.

DavePope

My female veiled/yemen laid her eggs a few weeks back and went from being big and fat back to being skinny again. But over the last few days i have noticed her getting quite podgy again. Is this normal?

Thanks,

Dave

Was she mated? How long ago has it been since she laid? How much are you feeding her? Sound as if you might be over feeding her.

She laid about 2 weeks ago and wasn't mated. I may well be over-feeding her though, I've never found anything telling me exactly how much to feed her. I give her locusts and everything on the internet is about crickets which come in different sizes to the locusts in my area.

I have not seen locusts but aren't they way bigger than crickets? You might still need to cut down on her food. Also different kinds of feeder will be good for her....they really do need a variety.

You could try her with Morio worms (known as supers in the States), Dubia roaches Silkworms, Butterworms, Phoenix Worms, etc. Also try and feed her smaller food items (ie large locusts instead of x/large). I learnt the hard way with overfeeding with my first female - she died a month after laying her second huge clutch of infertiles. First clutch was 104 and the second was 102. So far, my current female is 17 months old and hasn't laid a clutch at all yet and I feed her a LOT less than my first girly.

since egg-laying was brought up, what causes a non-mated female to lay eggs?....or does it always happen?....& what do you do with the eggs?:confused:

Back
Top Bottom