cage

Veild Cham Owner

Avid Member
i would like to add some more leaves/vines/branches for my screen cage but i just dont know how to set up anything with the screen. All the decorations my pet store sells is for glass cages smh. would you guys like to post some pictures of you cages for me so i can get some ideas??

This is my current set up on a reptibreeze medium! Moving mine into an extra large soon but this is the current set up.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    341.3 KB · Views: 156
IMAG0343.jpg
IMAG0348.jpg
Here's one of mine. They're bad pictures, sorry about that. But, be creative! Use all sorts of plants! This one has a Money Tree, Scheflerra, Croton, and a Jasmine Plant. Make plenty of basking spots and perches and hiding spots. Most importantly, get a good grow light for your plants. Like Jungle Dawn LED. Just use your imagination!

And to hang sticks and etc., use thumb tacks or, sink a screw into the branch and use a magnet from the other side to hold it. Use strong magnets.

You can also drill or punch small holes in the ends of the branches and attach them to the screen with florist's wire or small zip ties.

View attachment 164257 View attachment 164258 Here's one of mine. They're bad pictures, sorry about that. But, be creative! Use all sorts of plants! This one has a Money Tree, Scheflerra, Croton, and a Jasmine Plant. Make plenty of basking spots and perches and hiding spots. Most importantly, get a good grow light for your plants. Like Jungle Dawn LED. Just use your imagination!

And to hang sticks and etc., use thumb tacks or, sink a screw into the branch and use a magnet from the other side to hold it. Use strong magnets.
This is my current set up on a reptibreeze medium! Moving mine into an extra large soon but this is the current set up.
Thank you all for your input :D I will look into some plant store and look for some vines and other kinda large plants. This is his cage rn

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    368.7 KB · Views: 150
Quick question, I noticed that it looks like u hung some leaves in the side of your screen. The same leaves from my local petstore look the same but they are for glass cages, hiw did u set them up??

Trying out some things while Castiel watches me lol. I took off the suction cup and pushed a twiste tie thru the screen and around the tip of the plant. Seemed to work a lil but idk if it will hold Castiel...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    491.6 KB · Views: 129
It's a wonderful water colector. I haven't even had it in for 2 mins and he's already on it lol. I think I will buy a couple more of there and put them around the cage. Also replace my plants in there and replace my sticks...thanks for all you inputs everyone!!!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    273.5 KB · Views: 119
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    282.9 KB · Views: 134
That's a wonderful cage!! I like the hanging pot, how did u get it to stay? I have the same size cage, it's awesome.
I cut about a 1" piece of PVC pipe 24 inches long....stuck both ends down on enclosure frame with Velcro...then made a loop of heavy wire and fastened it through the screen over the PVC to bear the weight. Pretty clever from a Grandma huh?????:ROFLMAO:

View attachment 164257 View attachment 164258 Here's one of mine. They're bad pictures, sorry about that. But, be creative! Use all sorts of plants! This one has a Money Tree, Scheflerra, Croton, and a Jasmine Plant. Make plenty of basking spots and perches and hiding spots. Most importantly, get a good grow light for your plants. Like Jungle Dawn LED. Just use your imagination!

I thought croton was poisonous. Confused here

I thought croton was poisonous. Confused here
You are correct. That's what I get for seeing it in someone's enclosure and not checking it out. I have just removed mine and replaced with a parlor palm. Thank you for your good eye. We should always check and double check before we put anything in our enclosures.

In the pic its sort of deceiving. The door is shut and there is a small plant attatched to the door. So the plant at the top middle is actually on the door. I can post a pic with the door open when I get home

Back
Top Bottom