Can chameleon get edema of silkworms?

Would not think so, have not seen that.

I suppose IF they were eating a ton of them they would be getting additional fluid (versus eating crickets for example) so they might look "plumper" that you are used to?

Nope. not mixing anything in it. But can mullberry itself give edema? I use plain calcium in every feeding, the one of respashy. one every one and a half month sticky farm tongue vitamin all + d3. And about once every 2 months or when Ineeded Vitamin A. I did give them sticky farm tongue not that long ago, but it started before that.

Mulberry on its own cannot cause edema. As a doctor of East Asian medicine, we use this frequently. I think the issue may lie elsewhere, but you more experienced keepers would know better.

Nope. not mixing anything in it. But can mullberry itself give edema? I use plain calcium in every feeding, the one of respashy. one every one and a half month sticky farm tongue vitamin all + d3. And about once every 2 months or when Ineeded Vitamin A. I did give them sticky farm tongue not that long ago, but it started before that.
I always feed my silkworms fresh mulberry leaves and never had a issue. If it is truly edema it is probably from your vitamins or schedule.

I always feed my silkworms fresh mulberry leaves and never had a issue. If it is truly edema it is probably from your vitamins or schedule.
maybe. I remember reading a post about a person chameleon that the swolleness would come and go and would not be visiable when he took the cham to the vet. I don´t know if it was edema or gut. mine is the same it isnt there all the time mostly when she climbs down with her head and body pointing to the ground. I rund some test with the vet and hopfully it is not RI.

But now that I think about it it started before I fed the silkworms. it was not as big thou. But perhaps it was the grashoppers from the store? I read the feeders from the stores are over gutleaded with fatsolible things

Back
Top Bottom