Car People UNITE!

ChameleonRave

Avid Member
Well, I have a 1991 Chevy Lumina, it's not the best since it's my moms OLD car from when i was a little kid, but I am looking into a new car..

I have been talking to my step-mom lately and I haven't seen her in about 2-3 years and she wants to help me get a new car as long as I pay for insurance and gas and help pay a little bit on the car.

Well, my first choice it to jump on AutoTrader.com which I am obsessed with! :eek::cool:

I found this amazing 2002 Ford Explorer XLT for $3,444 it has dropped down from about $6,000, which is amazing for me! She hasn't put a limit on what I can spend but I'm keeping it pretty low, and for her offering to help me it is very generous on her part.

Here is the link to the car and she has seen it already too, so what do you think? My grandmother had a 1999 Ford Explorer for about 9-10 years, when she got her 2008 Ford Edge.. Well I guess you could say that my family likes Ford's so that is going to be a pro on my list. :b They are reliable and good for the winter too. c:

So here it is: http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...e=b&num_records=25&cardist=102&standard=false

Please no negativity towards me about this subject, I am bi far not spoiled rotten, this is considered my early graduation gift from her.. I also work for everything I have and usually have no help with what I can get.

Zac

Have look for smaller cars, like Hondas Nissans or even Hyundais? From experience these cars will do better in the long run...just saying.

Have look for smaller cars, like Hondas Nissans or even Hyundais? From experience these cars will do better in the long run...just saying.

I haven't.. my brother has only had them. but they seemed so trashy and I don't care much for them. JMO. But I see what you're getting at! I would like something that is good for traveling and can get through a few inches of snow instead of spinning out in the middle of an intersection.
I forgot to add. I don't drive stick shift. I'm only 16.. and my mom doesn't drive stick either. :eek:

Last edited:
I haven't.. my brother has only had them. but they seemed so trashy and I don't care much for them. JMO. But I see what you're getting at! I would like something that is good for traveling and can get through a few inches of snow instead of spinning out in the middle of an intersection.
I forgot to add. I don't drive stick shift. I'm only 16.. and my mom doesn't drive stick either. :eek:

I learned how to drive stick when i was like 12 :). I know what you mean by trashy, but you can find some nice cars. look at an MkIV VW GTI.. they are really good, dependable cars and dont look bad.

i drive stick and i love it! i also am a straight up man that drives a neon! i also own my own automotive detailing business....so come to me if your car is trashy :D

I got an '09 MkV VW GTI.. incredibly fun car to drive, specially with the DSG transmission. Soon I'll either switch it up to a Mustang GT or a BMW 135.. depending on how much I can save up.. gotta love being able to lease a car:D

i go for hondas for a decent reliable car, but im not muchof a car expert

hmm anyone know about acuras??? if they are good , maybe a bit expensive?

you fast five clowns. support the big 3! enough with your nissan skywalkers and toyota toys!

though i do like hondas :rolleyes:

i go for hondas for a decent reliable car, but im not muchof a car expert

hmm anyone know about acuras??? if they are good , maybe a bit expensive?

new ones are good.. old ones im not sure.

hondas are always good.. but people never take good care of them so thats why they look trashy.. so easy to hook up and modify, thats why all of the civics have loud exhausts.

They are awesome cars.. I've driven the MkIV, MkV, and MkVI.. (mark 4, mark 5, mark 6).. very fun to drive, very reliable, fast if you want it to be.. i love that car

I'm stealing yours. I like the newer versions myself. They look nicer than the old ones. ^__^

I'm stealing yours. I like the newer versions myself. They look nicer than the old ones. ^__^
The new one is pretty cool, but I like the looks of the one I have. Same engine, same everything. I pay 385 a month for it.. not bad at all
well.. the "usto-be". support american made guys. come on lol its all we have left lol

I really want that mustang GT.. its a beast.. 400+ hp stock.. I'd supercharge it and put some Borla ATAK exhausts on it and have it running above 500hp.. aaaah, fantasies.

new ones are good.. old ones im not sure.

hondas are always good.. but people never take good care of them so thats why they look trashy.. so easy to hook up and modify, thats why all of the civics have loud exhausts.

i helped my dad (stiil do) of caring for our cars...we had a 15 year old honda, still good

change brakes, fix air conditioning, thewheels, etc.

its a shame people dont learn and care for their own cars...

need to learn all i can from my dad...

SO... back to the Ford Explorer. F: Anyone ever own one? The one that I sometimes drive well, my friend '98 is pretty good at handeling, has more miles on her's than on the one I want, and it seems to take a while to fully accelerate.

My dad has a 1952 Studebaker in Colombia. Im trying to bring it here to fix the few things that are wrong with it (few chrome pieces and what not).. lovely piece of machinery just sitting there in the garage of my grandpa's company.. btw, im 19.. My dad love's airplanes..I gotta do what i can to learn about cars..haha

SO... back to the Ford Explorer. F: Anyone ever own one? The one that I sometimes drive well, my friend '98 is pretty good at handeling, has more miles on her's than on the one I want, and it seems to take a while to fully accelerate.

I wouldn't take a risk on such an old one.. It's too many miles IMO. Try searching for something else. You never know who was driving it and what history it has.

Back
Top Bottom