Car People UNITE!

I wouldn't take a risk on such an old one.. It's too many miles IMO. Try searching for something else. You never know who was driving it and what history it has.

CarFax. c; My mom just got a new car today and she used car fax. Great thing to do! She found out so many things before she bought it.

My family used to own racecars, so the if there is any fixing needing to be done, I can have my uncles help me out.

It's really up to you.. Whatver you feel most comfortable with.. I'd take my time and look for something with less mileage.

I have been searching high and low for the past year and nothing really compares to this. I just want someones opinion on how they think this vehicle handles and their personal experiences. From what I have heard and my personal experiences they are pretty reliable and it's not like I will be going to Mexico. :p

Frequently Overhauled Rapid Depreciation
Found On Road Dead
First On Recycle Day
F'd Over Rebuilt Dodge
Fixed Or Repaired Daily
Failure Of Research and Development

Backwards? Driver Returns On Foot

That's been my experience with Fords. Although, I still think Mustangs look cool.

I know this will sound silly, but if you can find a Pontiac Vibe, you cant kill this car! I have had mine six years, it has 190K miles and up until a couple months ago all I have had to do is new tires. My step dad had one that had 250K on it and sold it for $4K and it is still running great! They have a toyota engine and as long as you do your basic maintence they will keep on going. I have lived in Michigan, Wisconsin and Minnesota with it, no issues in the snow. I use it for all my landscaping - haul dirt, rock, mulch whatever - no problems! I hated it when I first got it, but now it is paid off and I am gonna drive it till it croaks...hopefully another 100K (that way I can keep getting chams!!) :D

new ones are good.. old ones im not sure.

hondas are always good.. but people never take good care of them so thats why they look trashy.. so easy to hook up and modify, thats why all of the civics have loud exhausts.

I loved honda's back in the day but now i don't like the new evo's anymore to cause they made it so you can't put a personalized system in it. right now since i'm a real man i drive an 07 ram hemi sport cause i got it like that. next car i want to get is one of those new wrx sti's they still have it made out so you can put in a custom system in it plus they went back to the 4 door i really hated the 2 door style or if i can get my hands on a later model evo thats 6 speed i'd pick that up in a heart beat. but my dream car is a nissan gtr or 95 skyline r34 i believe!!!

Frequently Overhauled Rapid Depreciation
Found On Road Dead
First On Recycle Day
F'd Over Rebuilt Dodge
Fixed Or Repaired Daily
Failure Of Research and Development

Backwards? Driver Returns On Foot

That's been my experience with Fords. Although, I still think Mustangs look cool.

You're not a Ford person are you? My mom just got a new Ford last night. :3 My family never has had any problems, but depending on how old the car is and how hard you drive it, then it will go downhill fast.

I know this will sound silly, but if you can find a Pontiac Vibe, you cant kill this car! I have had mine six years, it has 190K miles and up until a couple months ago all I have had to do is new tires. My step dad had one that had 250K on it and sold it for $4K and it is still running great! They have a toyota engine and as long as you do your basic maintence they will keep on going. I have lived in Michigan, Wisconsin and Minnesota with it, no issues in the snow. I use it for all my landscaping - haul dirt, rock, mulch whatever - no problems! I hated it when I first got it, but now it is paid off and I am gonna drive it till it croaks...hopefully another 100K (that way I can keep getting chams!!) :D

I love Pontiac Vibes. C: I love the newer ones, sadly they discontinued them. D:

I loved honda's back in the day but now i don't like the new evo's anymore to cause they made it so you can't put a personalized system in it. right now since i'm a real man i drive an 07 ram hemi sport cause i got it like that. next car i want to get is one of those new wrx sti's they still have it made out so you can put in a custom system in it plus they went back to the 4 door i really hated the 2 door style or if i can get my hands on a later model evo thats 6 speed i'd pick that up in a heart beat. but my dream car is a nissan gtr or 95 skyline r34 i believe!!!

Evo's are Mistubishi not Honda...

I am actually just about finished with my car project. I have a 98 Camaro i will be using it for street (weekend car)/strip. Should be putting in the engine within the next couple of weeks, built up a 6.2liter v8 fully forged internals with a small shot of nitrous on top of that, looking to get around 475rwhp before the nitrous. Probably would have it done if i didn't decide to get a chameleon :D I was tired of sinking money into the car so decided to get a little buddy.

As far as the explorer goes i have known a few people that have owned them with out problems. Then again they did not have 174k miles, like others have mentioned i would pass mostly because of the millage. With that much millage everything in the drive-train is for the most part worn and unless you are handy with smaller jobs like wheel bearings, uv joints, axles.. the list goes on, the money can add up very fast. I would be worried about the transmission mostly though, defiantly take it for a solid test drive and make sure the shifts feel firm and does not hesitate between shifts. If the transmission went out with the next month or so you would be out just about as much as you paid for the car.

I'm going out to talk to my step-mom this weekend. c: I am going through the town in Minnesota, so I will be looking at it at least. She is really liking it though! c:

Back
Top Bottom