Cham lovers in Northern California!!!

saying hi. im in sunnyvale, it borders santa clara/san jose. im surprised there is not more bay area peeps on here, were the 6th largest urban area in the states. it would be interesting to see if cham owners prefer less urbanized dwellings(random thoughts)

saying hi. im in sunnyvale, it borders santa clara/san jose. im surprised there is not more bay area peeps on here, were the 6th largest urban area in the states. it would be interesting to see if cham owners prefer less urbanized dwellings(random thoughts)

Hi Smithereens! There are some members from the bay area, but they are more of the "crawlers" than the posters. We would love to have you come over and share with us your experiences and chams!

A group of us are planning on getting together on Thursday May 31. It'll be up in Cameron Park/ El Dorado Hills area which may be a bit of a drive for some.

Bring you chameleons! There will be plenty of room to stash your travel cases somewhere while we chat.

We'll be talking about bulk buying for crickets and other feeders, breeding projects, hints tips and tricks of the hobby, and general misbehaving. Cookies and other goodies will be there, everyone is encouraged to bring something.

Message me if you're interested.

I'm in

Message sent

I'm down the hill in Lincoln and would like to come meet everyone. I owned a couple jacksons when I was a teenager and am currently building a cage so I can get another cham after ten years or so. Be nice to meet some fellow owners/enthusiasts and maybe get some info on reputable shops or breeders in our area for when my cage is complete.

Anybody else in our area interested in meeting other like-minded chameleon folks?

Chad I am glad you are finally making this happen. It took the club in so cal a good few meeting to get started, I am sure. Take pictures an have a wonderful time together.

I'm in Galt but work in Rancho, I think this is a fantastic idea. In fact I was just about to start a thread to see if anyone was interested...

There are just so many things being local can help with.

Anyone else interested? We're getting together this Thursday as in tomorrow!

Wouldn't you want to share feeder costs and go big with cheap bulk costs?

Are you in uncharted territory with breeding and need a second opinion?

Is there a vacation that you'd like to take but don't trust just anyone to care for your chams while you're gone?

Do you know "reptile folks" that just don't get that you mostly just like chameleons?

Are you an old veteran keeper that would like to help other learn more?

Are you a novice keeper that would love to learn from someone with experience?

Just looking for ideas regarding supplementation or gutloading?

Come join us for any reason! You'll be surrounded by people as crazy or crazier about chameleons than you!

A group of us are planning on getting together on Thursday May 31. It'll be up in Cameron Park/ El Dorado Hills area which may be a bit of a drive for some.

Bring you chameleons! There will be plenty of room to stash your travel cases somewhere while we chat.

We'll be talking about bulk buying for crickets and other feeders, breeding projects, hints tips and tricks of the hobby, and general misbehaving. Cookies and other goodies will be there, everyone is encouraged to bring something.

Message me if you're interested.

Thanks again for organizing the get together last night. I had a great time meeting everyone, hanging out, and talking about chams. Let me know when the next one will be and hopefully we can get some more people from our area to come:)

Thanks again for organizing the get together last night. I had a great time meeting everyone, hanging out, and talking about chams. Let me know when the next one will be and hopefully we can get some more people from our area to come:)

I was peeved I couldn't make it.

Was there a good showing?

If there is another I'm going try really hard to make it!

We had some good folks here for the first meet! Unfortunately, I couldn't definitely commit to having everyone over until a week in advance and I think that was hard for some people to plan for. Still, there were a few last minute no shows.

If we get enough response in this thread we'll try again in two weeks or so. Otherwise we may need to wait until July before we have the next meeting.

Just thought I would pop in and mention that I am about 4-5 hours south in central cali. I do occasionally head up north as I have a friend that is attending San Jose State and I occasionally get plants in norcal. If I am ever in the area when you guys are meeting up I will pop in and say hi.

I may attend the San Diego show, not sure yet.

I will definitely try to make the next one. Hopefully it will be closer to Sacramento?

I hope I knew more people close to the San Francisco Bay Area. Sacramento isn't that far but far enough hahahah hope you guys had fun in you meet. If only chams would be more social would be interesting....Still love them more than anything.

Is there a preference to what day for most people? For me it would be easier to do it on a Saturday.

I might be able to get space reserved at a park in a nicer neighborhood in Sacramento if we are having trouble with locations.

Eventually I would be happy to host but my house is in the middle of some renovation work and it isn't looking like it will be presentable until near the end of the year.

Either way I think we could look to emulate the SBCK as they seem to be fairly successful.

Is there a preference to what day for most people? For me it would be easier to do it on a Saturday.

I might be able to get space reserved at a park in a nicer neighborhood in Sacramento if we are having trouble with locations.

Eventually I would be happy to host but my house is in the middle of some renovation work and it isn't looking like it will be presentable until near the end of the year.

Either way I think we could look to emulate the SBCK as they seem to be fairly successful.

Glad you think so about the SBCK. I was a regular attending member for about a year and then occasionally after I got experience with several types of species. Ideally we want the group to be more than just a network for husbandry and troubleshooting but also a just all around good time.

If you could look into reserving a park in Sac that would nice. I don't think it's possible to fit everyone's schedule but my two cents is that I will be busy every Saturday till June 30. June 30 would actually be a good day to meet for me.

Anybody else care to chime in? What do you want to see happen at the meetings?

Back
Top Bottom