Chameleon Adult color?

bradjyoon

Hello.

I bought a chameleon from Petco for like a month ago and he sheded his skin once two weeks ago.

how often do they shed their skin and when will I be able to see what color he will be when he becomes an adult? so far I only see green and it doesn't change color too much, he changes from light green into dark green that's all.

Hello.

I bought a chameleon from Petco for like a month ago and he sheded his skin once two weeks ago.

how often do they shed their skin and when will I be able to see what color he will be when he becomes an adult? so far I only see green and it doesn't change color too much, he changes from light green into dark green that's all.
Guessing its a Veiled, my Veiled just started getting some yellow, hes 5 and half months old :D If it is a female it wont be as colorful as the males.

Guessing its a Veiled, my Veiled just started getting some yellow, hes 5 and half months old :D If it is a female it wont be as colorful as the males.
It is Veiled Chameleon haha and mine is definitely not five months old yet I believe. But good to know that they show color at about 5months old

They normally shed once a mouth and...males shout be able to get all of they colors by the first year.. though some are slower...

Show a picture and we can tell you for sure. We need to see the back of its feet though. If I recall right my old veiled started showing its bars at about 4 months old

Here are his picture.

Will you be able to guess how old he is just about by looking at his size compare to my 15" Macbook pro?

Attachments

• IMG_2686.JPG
    IMG_2686.JPG
    120.3 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_2687.JPG
    IMG_2687.JPG
    145.2 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_2688.JPG
    IMG_2688.JPG
    188.3 KB · Views: 140
Do yourself a favor and buy the crickets online. I did the same as you and bought at the pet store until I realized you can get the crickets for a fraction of the price online. 1000 crickets will cost $30 or less and at the pretty store it would cost around $150-$200.

This is my male veiled who is about 3 years old. He's had these vibrant sorts of colors for maybe 1.5 years now. They definitely do get more intense with each shed when they're growing. The colors displayed also depend on their mood—mine has rusty reds, golds, and aqua blues that you're not going to see on him at the same time.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    369.7 KB · Views: 129
Back
Top Bottom