Chameleon sleeping on ground ?

SpIKe6535

My chameleon is sleeping on the ground should I be worried ? He also won't eat.

Attachments

• IMG_4939.JPG
    IMG_4939.JPG
    211.7 KB · Views: 517
I would add a lot more plants and what are you feeding him? what is your misting times and do you have dripper?

That animal looks in pretty bad shape. Can you fill out the forum here. Just copy and paste the questions on this thread and answer them.
veiled chameleon; 2 years old

handle 3 times a week

Crickets and superworms; 5 superworms and 20 large crickets;

Zoo med calcium ; anytime I feed with superworms

I use a water spray bottle; 4 times a day for 30 seconds; and I don't see my chameleon drinking it

Brown mostly; and no it's never been tested for parasites

I never really see him drink water

My cage is screen 16 x 16 x 30

Zoo med daylight blue reptile bulb 60w and I'm not sure what my uvb is but its 75w ; usually from 6:30 to 6:00

says 70 degrees but its put in the middle of the cage so i don't know what it really is at the top

Don't know what it is but I water the cage with a spray bottle (as I said from above)

branches from outside

My cage is on top of my dresser; near the door of my room

I'm located in Southern California, riverside or 40 mins away from los angles

How does his urates look? Do you dust with multivitamin? Does your calcium have D3? Can I see a picture of your UVB bulb? What do you gut load your feeders with?

How does his urates look? Do you dust with multivitamin? Does your calcium have D3? Can I see a picture of your UVB bulb? What do you gut load your feeders with?
don't know what urates means ; no ; okay well here's a story for the calcium for the longest time i was using it with d3 for 2 years because the pet store told me to use it but then i founf this forum saying it's bad but i haven't got him to eat recently without d3 or eating in general ; i don't gut load anything

Attachments

• IMG_4944.JPG
    IMG_4944.JPG
    222.1 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_4945.JPG
    IMG_4945.JPG
    329.5 KB · Views: 125
don't know what urates means ; no ; okay well here's a story for the calcium for the longest time i was using it with d3 for 2 years because the pet store told me to use it but then i founf this forum saying it's bad but i haven't got him to eat recently without d3 or eating in general ; i don't gut load anything
Urates are the white part of his poop, are they white, orange, or yellow? That is not a UVB bulb you have its just a blue light bulb. You should be supplementing with calcium without D3 every feeding, Calcium with D3 every two weeks, and a multivitamin every two weeks. You should be gutloading your feeders with a verity of veggies and fruits, and stuff like cricket crack or bug buffet.

Urates are the white part of his poop, are they white, orange, or yellow? That is not a UVB bulb you have its just a blue light bulb. You should be supplementing with calcium without D3 every feeding, Calcium with D3 every two weeks, and a multivitamin every two weeks. You should be gutloading your feeders with a verity of veggies and fruits, and stuff like cricket crack or bug buffet.
i know the blue one isnt uvb the one on the left is the uvb, i haven't seen him poop in a while for like a week because hes not eating, i know he should he should be eating without d3 thats why changed it but havent got him to eat in a week or two

Attachments

• IMG_4944.JPG
    IMG_4944.JPG
    222.1 KB · Views: 123
i know the blue one isnt uvb the one on the left is the uvb, i haven't seen him poop in a while for like a week because hes not eating, i know he should he should be eating without d3 thats why changed it but havent got him to eat in a week or two
That does not look like a UVB bulb. What brand is it? Do you no what color his urates were when he last pooped?

same bulb 26w 5.0 but different brand they didn't have that brand at the time
Where did you get your UVB? I can tell you that it is not a 75W bulb. Can you post more pics of your cham? He looks dehydrated and probably has nutritional deficiency. Try to get close up pictures from different angles.

Where did you get your UVB? I can tell you that it is not a 75W bulb. Can you post more pics of your cham? He looks dehydrated and probably has nutritional deficiency. Try to get close up pictures from different angles.
i meant to say 26w not 75 w my bad

Back
Top Bottom