Christmas Chams

Santa made an early delivery this year. He brought me a bunch of Panther chameleons from Madagascar. Most of them are wild caught females. He did leave me with some males though. After they get acclimated and settled in I will post some pictures.

Also, I visited Pam (Pam's Chams) last weekend. Spent a fabulous afternoon looking at her chameleons and seeing how she does things. Her house was all decorated for Christmas and it was a real holiday treat for me to spend the time with her. I was in chameleon heaven. She has some beautiful breeder males. I've never seen so many beautiful healthy hatchling babies before. I learned a lot from seeing how she handles all the groups of hatchlings. I ended up buying two complete clutches of hatchlings from her. Both from wild caught Ambilobe parents. They are so cute, I can't stop watching them. Thanks so much Pam :)

HOLY BANANAS!

Catherine.....how many chams are in your house now???!!!
Has it been officially determined that this is an illness?
Therapy is what you need from Santa!
HA!:D
(I'm sure you can determine that I am actually quite jealous;))

-Brad

Holy Bananas is Right Brad!!!!

My name is Catherine and I am a chameleon addict. Yes Brad, it is a definite illness. I will let you know if my husband gives me the gift of therapy for Christmas this year! I may find a gift certificate to a local therapist in my stocking. We are putting our house up for sale next year. I'm hoping for a new house that is smaller for the two of us, but that has a separate extra garage or shop on the property for the chameleons (and the crickets and roaches).

My name is Catherine and I am a chameleon addict. Yes Brad, it is a definite illness. I will let you know if my husband gives me the gift of therapy for Christmas this year! I may find a gift certificate to a local therapist in my stocking. We are putting our house up for sale next year. I'm hoping for a new house that is smaller for the two of us, but that has a separate extra garage or shop on the property for the chameleons (and the crickets and roaches).

Catherine how are your Ankarmy's doing ?

:eek: 45?!!!!
Can I visit your place? :D
too bad you are not in CA...
I would've loved to see all 45s :)

BUT WAIT!......That # was before The new wild caught group and two full clutches of babies from Pam!!!

-Brad

Lol... If you let me visit, i'll offer some free therapy. I used to study Psychology for 3 years before decidedly change my major to art.
But, then again, the end result might be more addition of chameleons to your collections...
As i am starting to feel the urge of purchasing an addition to my 1 veiled..

Need to count again.........

I do need to count again. I need to update my record book too. I keep detailed records and now I have a pile of "stickies" with new addition information. Chameochams........My adult male Ankaramy Panthers are doing well. I just got some new wild caught females for them. They need to be treated for parasites and have some growing to do before I breed them. They are beautiful though. Some of the most vivid colors I've seen in females. I have one two week old male Ankaramy hatchling. He has doubled in size and seems to be doing well. He was so tiny. I have lots more Ankaramy eggs but they are about a month away from hatching. This one egg developed so much quicker than the rest of the clutch. It was really weird. I sure hope he makes it :)

I do need to count again. I need to update my record book too. I keep detailed records and now I have a pile of "stickies" with new addition information. Chameochams........My adult male Ankaramy Panthers are doing well. I just got some new wild caught females for them. They need to be treated for parasites and have some growing to do before I breed them. They are beautiful though. Some of the most vivid colors I've seen in females. I have one two week old male Ankaramy hatchling. He has doubled in size and seems to be doing well. He was so tiny. I have lots more Ankaramy eggs but they are about a month away from hatching. This one egg developed so much quicker than the rest of the clutch. It was really weird. I sure hope he makes it :)

Whats the longest your females have been pregnet for ?
I have a red body blue bar ambilobe that is 38 days today< my last female laid them in 33 days.

For Christmas Santa (ME) is getting me a Duracell battery charger with 8 batteries to help take pics of my chams! Does that count ?? LOL

I'd love to be getting chams for Christmas but my place is getting pretty full. I'm having a hard time finding a spot for the tree. I've giving my son 2 tarantulas (among other things) for Christmas that are currently hidden under the snake cages!

Santa may not feel too comfy coming to my place!! ;)

Dyesub Dave. :D

For Christmas Santa (ME) is getting me a Duracell battery charger with 8 batteries to help take pics of my chams! Does that count ?? LOL

I'd love to be getting chams for Christmas but my place is getting pretty full. I'm having a hard time finding a spot for the tree. I've giving my son 2 tarantulas (among other things) for Christmas that are currently hidden under the snake cages!

Santa may not feel too comfy coming to my place!! ;)

Dyesub Dave. :D

Thats a great gift Dave:D

Christmas is getting closer any one else getting chams or cages,books,etc.etc.:)

Our little Christmas chams arrived today! 4 Juvenile Mellers, 2 juvenile dwarf jacksons and one female adult dwarf jacksons. We are already crazy about them. They are all WC from EcoRegional, and arrived in great shape with no surprises. One Meller, the largest one, is a little grayish and a little rough around the edges, but you can tell he's about to shed and so that's understandable.

We took very few photos, but will take better ones later on. Anyway- here are a few photos. The photos of the adult Dwarf Jackson's make her look much larger than she is in person. The last one is of the juvenile dwarf jacksons who, of course, had to cling to the roof of their cage for an hour or two. They are tiny, and we placed them together for now. They are really cute and were quite inseparable all day.

DSCF4778b.jpg

DSCF4779b.jpg

DSCF4780b0000.jpg

DSCF4782b.jpg

DSCF5213b.jpg

wow gesang thats a pretty cool collection.
Congrats on all of them, It looks like Christmas came a little early for you.
I like all of those pictures you took. Thanks for sharing.

Better take them to a vet . Just to be safe.

Yes, Christmas came early. My husband and I are both "addicts", as Catherine so deftly put it. I was quite nervous. It was our first time ordering from EcoRegional but they were great to deal with. Even called us on the phone as they were packing up the chams for shipment.

You're right, Dean, and we do get vet assistance with the chams. I don't think we could responsibly do WC without it. The Dwarf Jacksons eventually came down off the lid yesterday, and basked and ate. The Meller's fecal came up with pinworms, which is not surprising. EcoRegional does de-worm its animals but cannot (understandably) guarantee them to be parasite free. So, we have the stuff on hand to treat for various types of parasites. The adult Dwarf Jacksons fecal was clean. SOme of the Meller's are clean. We hope to get a sample from the juvenile Jackson's today. I would not normally mention something like the pinworms, especially after revealing who the chams came from, so as not to seem to be critical of the source we purchased from. But, I think most people on this forum understand that when you purchase WC they come with a bit of luggage, probably regardless of who you buy from. Now we busy ourselves caring for them carefully and watching for the stress related stuff.

EcoRegional has so far been great to deal with, having been very prompt to answer emails, promptly returned calls, and picked us out a group of lovely animals. We've purchased chams from sponsors on this forum, too, and they've all been wonderful. From Chameleons by Design, and PamsChams. We don't live far from Pam's and hope to visit her operation some day, too. There's so much to learn! And seeing it first hand, in action, will really help.

Last edited:
Gesang, I would like to see some pictures of your panther collection. Thanks

Well, here is Pegasus, the morph cross from the Kammers. He is from Bilbo, 1/2 nosy be 1/2 ambanja. He is 12-13 months old.

DSCF5059.JPG

DSCF4773c.jpg

And here is Rantabe, the Sambava male from PamsChams. He is about 10 months old.

DSCF4961k.jpg

DSCF5251.JPG

DSCF5255.JPG

We also got a female Sambava, Sirama, from Pam but I don't have decent photos of her. Perhaps tomorrow. She is also about 10, but not related to the male. She has not been mated yet, because of her age and size. She is the right weight now for breeding, and she has the nice peachy colors, but we're waiting still.

But we do have this older female Sambava, Ramina. About 13 months old. She mated with the male and laid eggs on thanksgiving day. She is so much larger than the male she mated with that he road around on her back like a monkey before getting down to business. Here are photos (Ramina likes to pose for the camera):

DSCF4768b.jpg

DSCF4948b.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom