Concerned, Sleeping...

Arrangements are being made to have a necropsy done and this is primarily for her own peace of mind.
Wow, sorry to hear about poor little Leo. Hopefully the necropsy can shed some light on what the cause was. That has got to be hard losing 2 chams in such a short time. :(

Wow, sorry to hear about poor little Leo. Hopefully the necropsy can shed some light on what the cause was. That has got to be hard losing 2 chams in such a short time. :(

Why Yes, Yes it is.. how nice of you to remind me..Thanks for your sincerity.

BlackBetty, my sincere condolences. I have been struggling with a URI in a 4 mo old ambilobe and I can't honestly say he will make it either. Chameleons are just so delicate one just doesn't know - and sometimes vets can't make it all right either. You are the most sincere user on the forum...full of excitement. I hope that some day you might try again. A chameleon couldn't have a better mommy.

BlackBetty, my sincere condolences. I have been struggling with a URI in a 4 mo old ambilobe and I can't honestly say he will make it either. Chameleons are just so delicate one just doesn't know - and sometimes vets can't make it all right either. You are the most sincere user on the forum...full of excitement. I hope that some day you might try again. A chameleon couldn't have a better mommy.

That is the sweetest Thing someone has said about me.. Thank you Boca, it really helps during this tough time. Im going to take a break for awhile.. I might give pygmys a try as a friend has them and they are cute little buggers... Im leaning towards URI or respiratory infection, just by the symptoms I viewed. It was terrible to watch him go and know that i couldnt do anything to stop it or to make it easier on him. I would like to believe he had a good time in my care..and that my flesh atleast was tasty. (LOL)..

Thank you guys for your kindness. It has been tough and I do not wish it upon anyone.

Sorry to hear this. Was truly hoping he'd get better.
Very sad.

Will you have a neco done to determine what the problem was?

I was going to but have opted out of it. I feel that dehydration was a big issue (even though I misted a lot and for long durations) and I do not feel the necropsy will reveal what caused him to go off food and water. I do not feel anyone is to blame. I know I did my best and then some. I am laying Leo to rest in the morning in his beautiful orange pajamas.

Back
Top Bottom