critisizing my chams are you?

My best friend calls me her "gross friend" but its just in fun. Everyone always likes to come to my house, its like going to the zoo.

i am way use to it... i have had hamsters, Guinea pigs, rabbits, ducks, chickens, goats, dogs, chameleons, pigs, pigeons, turtles, fish, snakes, ferrets, birds, frogs, and a LOT of those were at the same time. I live in a city, but own a decent amount of land compared to most city lots. I was often referred to as farm kid or animal kid. However, it was kinda weird because i played football and baseball, i was never made fun of for it. Just got the names in a friendly way.

Just like most of you, i dont get why people really care... We had a lady that lived right by us we referred to as "bird lady" She always had THOUSANDS (no joke) of birds in her trees and yard because all she did was feed them all day. Plus she had toooons in her house.. She was a hoarder (of junk) though which is why she got a bad name around town. However i only talked to her once when my mom went over to talk to her. People just see things, and judge without ever getting a REAL opinion for themselves.

It sounds like you are light years ahead of most girls your age(may I assume high school?). My mom always told me to "Choose your battles". Seems appropriate in many facets of life. I know it can be really really hard to rise above other's ignorance and rudeness...but practice makes perfect. Best of luck and remember that this is a great place to vent about stupid people!LOL Not sure if this statistic is correct or not, but, I seem to remember hearing that of all the pet owners in the USA, about 35% of us own some type of reptile. Pretty cool, right?!

I have a neighbor who thinks all dogs and their owners are stupid. He doesn't have to come visit. Other neighbor who is terrified of birds. She doesn't have to come visit. Friends who don't like me keeping any exotic because they belong in the wild. They don't have to come visit. Snake haters don't have to come visit...

The point is, I don't care what they say about my animals. As long as I care about them and give them a proper kind captive life that's what counts.

Back
Top Bottom