custom cage base

noahmeno

With the lack of wood tables in my budget... I decided to go to home depot and just buy a 2x2 piece of wood. So far I have stained it w/ 2 coats of dark walnut and am currently on my first coat of satin finish polyurethane. Going to be adding these babies to teh bottomhttp://www.homedepot.com/p/Waddell-...C-_-NavPLPHorizontal1_rr-_-NA-_-100564768-_-N and also staining in dark walnut. Can't wait to reveal the finished product. Trying to go for a industrial midcenturyish type base that will fit in the furniture in the rest of my room IMG_0901.jpg

Last edited:
Keep us updated. I'm looking to do something like this. Tables cost a buttload and they're hard to find in the right size and on the cheap.

Keep us updated. I'm looking to do something like this. Tables cost a buttload and they're hard to find in the right size and on the cheap.

You're very right. When I built mine I was lucky cause 24x24 was a standard cabinet size at Lowe's so my enclosure used that as a base.

I saw some but $100+. Just not in the market for that, plus the additional cash to make it look decent. What you did looks fantastic though.

I saw some but $100+. Just not in the market for that, plus the additional cash to make it look decent. What you did looks fantastic though.

Thank you. Yea luckily I had a budget that allowed me to do a few things a bit easier, we were just gonna make the base by hand but we got lazy lol opted for the made one.

Thank you. Yea luckily I had a budget that allowed me to do a few things a bit easier, we were just gonna make the base by hand but we got lazy lol opted for the made one.
I'm still in high school and now that summer is over I will barely be working during the week so my budget is slim to none lmao

I'm still in high school and now that summer is over I will barely be working during the week so my budget is slim to none lmao

No doubt buddy, it'll look just as good and function just fine when you're all finished :)

After I finished the satin finish over the dark walnut stain I added this glossy black to make it look a little cooler IMG_0904.jpg , on thursday when I get my paycheck I'm going to order the legs and I think I am going to have the top 3/4 of the legs in the dark walnut and the bottom 1/4 in the glossy black. Incase you guys didn't know, this is the bottom of the table since the top is going to be entirely covered by the reptibreeze :)

Back
Top Bottom