Dogs are killing us all

TylerStewart

Right Wing Extremist
Site Sponsor
Amid near-record cold temperatures in almost all parts of the planet, we have now decided that keeping dogs for 1 year is a bigger contributor to "global warming" than driving an SUV for a year. At least now I don't have to feel guilty for driving a lifted F-150, only guilty because I have a dog.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20091220/sc_afp/lifestyleclimatewarminganimalsfood

Good thing we have figured out that we can spend $250 million to lift a hose up in the air and pump the pollutants out of the sky. Maybe we'll be ok after all.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2511875/nathan_myhrvolds_anti_global_warming.html

Last edited:
HA! Im glad I dont own a dog or a car, I must be great for the enviroment. !jOKe! ...but really I dont.

Oh yeah, but tortoises are WAY worse to the environment. :rolleyes:

Why don't we just all kill each other and wipe ourselves out, this MIGHT appease the "experts" on this issue. Oh wait, we can't do that either, because with all those bloating bodies we might cause a higher level of methane.

:rolleyes:

Yeah, tortoises with a high fiber diet you would think would wipe out the planet faster than SUVs, and I'm ok with that. Then there's those incandescent light bulbs, air conditioning, and multiple other things we are doing to melt the icecaps.

Has Tyler been reading The Drudge Report?

Hey Tyler....looks like you read The Drudge Report....Either that or Lucianne.Com. If not, you should.....That's where I get my daily dose of depression as a fellow "Conservative". I saw those stories too. I was wondering how long it would be before the carbon footprint for crickets, roaches, hornworms, silkworms, etc. would be calculated. And how much methane a chameleon produces every time it "passes gas". I guess owning a chameleon would be ok with these people as long as you ate it's eggs.

I'm also apparently wrong in thinking that my neighbor's cat, who regularily drops dead rodents in my yard, is doing our neighborhood a favor by eliminating that form of "wildlife". I guess they are supposed to multiply and spread disease and fleas instead. And move into our homes. Cass Sunsteen, our current US "Regulatory Czar" thinks mice and rats have the same right to live in our homes as we do. We should not kill or "evict" them. He is the same guy who thinks that our pets should have access to attorneys so they can sue us. This is the guy who decides how every regulation (energy, environment, food, farming, health, etc.) created in the United States should be applied. He's probably the 2nd most powerful person in our country and he is controlled and accountable to only one person. I just hope my cats don't know who he is. They would surely sue me for more cat toys. Some days I want to hide under the covers all day :eek:

It's not anything producing green house gases that is the problem.

Green house gases actually makes the world greener.

= food for plants.

THE PROBLEM is that we are killing all the plants - trees, algae, corals, etc.

Every living thing produces some degree of greenhouse gas, and that's because we live in harmony with plants.

They eat our gas, we eat theirs.

Just so everything's clear. :) Those tree hugging hippies had it right over 40 years ago before all of this even started.

Well, "we" meaning certain countries and in certain places. The tree coverage of the US has been growing for years. Tree hugging hippies would be right if they moved to Madagascar or parts of South America. Come to think of it, we'd probably all be better off if tree huggers moved out of the country.

Fact: Water vapor is the #1 "greenhouse gas" in the atmosphere by volume. As much as 98% of the greenhouse gases out there. Hide the kids, this won't be pretty.

Hey Tyler....looks like you read The Drudge Report....Either that or Lucianne.Com. If not, you should.....That's where I get my daily dose of depression as a fellow "Conservative". I saw those stories too. I was wondering how long it would be before the carbon footprint for crickets, roaches, hornworms, silkworms, etc. would be calculated. And how much methane a chameleon produces every time it "passes gas". I guess owning a chameleon would be ok with these people as long as you ate it's eggs.

I'm also apparently wrong in thinking that my neighbor's cat, who regularily drops dead rodents in my yard, is doing our neighborhood a favor by eliminating that form of "wildlife". I guess they are supposed to multiply and spread disease and fleas instead. And move into our homes. Cass Sunsteen, our current US "Regulatory Czar" thinks mice and rats have the same right to live in our homes as we do. We should not kill or "evict" them. He is the same guy who thinks that our pets should have access to attorneys so they can sue us. This is the guy who decides how every regulation (energy, environment, food, farming, health, etc.) created in the United States should be applied. He's probably the 2nd most powerful person in our country and he is controlled and accountable to only one person. I just hope my cats don't know who he is. They would surely sue me for more cat toys. Some days I want to hide under the covers all day :eek:

Yes, I check Drudge every morning to be up to date with the latest idiotic stories and studies and ideas that our liberal friends have come up with overnight. I can't keep up.

Trees...........

Tyler's right........We have MILLIONS more full grown trees than we had in the early 1900's. We have greatly increased our forest land acreage and have improved the health of it. The areas were judicious logging is not allowed are the areas that are most likely to burn to the ground in a wildfire. There is a movie called "The Story of Stuff" that is widely shown to school children all over the country that promotes the lie that we have destroyed all our forests when the opposite is true. A whole generation is learning that lie along with about 10 other lies that are in this film.

Oh you must be right....I am sure of the fact that all paper products that US citizens use daily are made only from trees cut in the Us....

I suppose American points of view do not extend their own walled borders.

We're not countries, we're a planet. Get real.

Tyler, volatile greenhouse gases are obviously more dangerous than water vapor. Global warming is natural, and almost every gas contributes to it in high enough quantities, but the pollution and harmful gases involved on our behalf of it is not.

PardalisGirl are you saying that The Story of Stuff is wrong? It says at 4:20 that we lose 2,000 trees a minute, google it any way you want, but we are losing 3-5 billion trees every year. But the part that concerns me the most is the pollution of the oceans. But I guess if you don't live near an Ocean, you don't have to worry...right?

Here's another one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqxENMKaeCU

Oh you must be right....I am sure of the fact that all paper products that US citizens use daily are made only from trees cut in the Us....

Tyler, volatile greenhouse gases are obviously more dangerous than water vapor. Global warming is natural, and almost every gas contributes to it in high enough quantities, but the pollution and harmful gases involved on our behalf of it is not.

PardalisGirl are you saying that The Story of Stuff is wrong? It says at 4:20 that we lose 2,000 trees a minute, google it any way you want, but we are losing 3-5 billion trees every year. But the part that concerns me the most is the pollution of the oceans. But I guess if you don't live near an Ocean, you don't have to worry...right?

Actually, the majority of paper products I use are recycled. If you want to preach to someone, preach to China and Russia, who have zero regard for nature and basically change their oil into the ocean. Don't throw a fit and stomp your feet because I wipe my butt with more than 1 sheet.

The countries that "slash and burn" do it to create farmland, not to sell paper to the US.

Not sure if you heard.... Dirty little secret.... Global warming is a hoax. Did you hear about the near record snowfall that fell on Copenhagen last week during the global warming summit? Sometimes I think God has a sense of humor.

Truth and Reality?

Sorry Brock but we ARE individual countries. Each country has it's own responsibility for stewardship of it's resources and environment. Our country has vastly increased it's forest lands and tree numbers during the last century. We do log our forests and we replant them all and then some. We've also greatly decreased our pollution of all natural waters including the ocean. We've greatly decreased the pollution in the air since the height of our industrial revolution. The massive clouds and haze of pollution hanging over the industrial cities of China and India haven't been seen in our country for a number of decades. We significantly limit the mining of our resources. We aren't drilling for all the oil off our shores. New restrictions to protect the environment are put out every day in our INDIVIDUAL country. I do live on a very large body of salt water that finds it's way to the ocean. We have very tight restrictions as to what we can do on our property. We can't cut down a single old growth tree. My property is part of a protected shoreline habitat where American Bald Eagles live, nest and fish for salmon on a daily basis. I have eagles flying by my kitchen window on a daily basis. I see crabs, starfish and other creatures living in the tide waters along our beach. I've adapted my landscaping to promote the health of shoreline wildlife without being told to. Everyone around here does.

Many other countries around the world are doing the exact opposite of this and they are the ones who must take individual responsibility for it. Nobody is going over and stealing their trees or other natural resources. These countries are selling off their resources and sustainability willingly for money. Their governments are the ones that take that money and pocket it for themselves instead of enriching their own people with education and jobs. Their governments are responsible for their poverty, not our country. Until their people rise up and get rid of their corrupt governments they will always be poor and their lands will continue to be stripped. This month their corrupt governments are in Copenhagen with their hands out asking for money from our country because they say they have a right to it. And none of that money will ever benefit their people. It will go right into their personal pockets. The whole Copenhagen thing is a sham. It is not about saving the planet. It's about transferring wealth from responsible countries to the pockets of corrupt and irresponsible governments and leaders.

And the biggest purchasers of the third world natural resource materials is China and India. Not the USA. China and India are the biggest polluters of the earth right now. They must take responsibility for that but have no intention of doing so. They are the ones that are building the walls of sovereignty to protect their growing economies at the expense of the planet. If you are worried about the oceans and air you need to devote your time to those two individual countries.

Your first mistake is believing anything you see or read is true like your point from "The Story of Stuff". It's full of documented lies. It's funded by a Marxist organization with an agenda to destroy our country's economic system. An organization that also sends money to Marxist causes in third world countries. Al Gore's movie on global warming was full of documented lies used to push his agenda. He will personally make a BILLION dollars if carbon emission reduction legislation is passed in our country. Half the published "scientific" global warming predictions were based on data that we now know was manipulated or faked. I don't trust anything I see or read anymore unless I do my own extensive research. Including your little YouTube piece that you posted a link to. It's now coming out that the "scientific" global warming advocates have tried to destroy every reference to scientific research that shows that there was a period of significant global warming earlier in man's history when man had no impact on the planet with production/consumption activity. The earth did the warming all by itself. It later cooled all by itself. Man and animals adapted to these two changes and prospered. These facts are being systematically deleted and destroyed. Thousands of articles and links on the internet are being wiped out. History is being rewritten to fit an agenda. An agenda whose ultimate goal is the destruction of sovereignty and personal responsibility for countries and individuals. Except for the individuals pushing this agenda who will personally make or receive hundreds of billions of dollars from it. It's getting harder and harder to find truth and reality these days.

Regarding India and China's consumption of raw materials and energy; they are utilizing these resources to send finished products back to us. So, we are, indirectly responsible for that resource usage, whether its consumed here or there, if we ultimately buy those finished goods.

Back in the day , all those energy intensive , resource hungry industries were , right here in out own back yards, but with freer trade and lifted tariffs, those jobs went abroad to the third world, chasing lower wages.

Funny how we take credit for cleaner air and water , when we buy tires for our cars that were manufactured somewhere else. Buffalo and Pittsburgh have cleaner air now since the big iron ore smelters are gone. But , they aren't gone. They are in Asia now. Also why the coal mines of Appalachia are shut down. Don't need the coal for industries that have left the continent.

North America has changed from an industrialized based society to one of hairdressers , tanning salons and accountants.

Anyone remember Bopal???

Regarding India and China's consumption of raw materials and energy; they are utilizing these resources to send finished products back to us. So, we are, indirectly responsible for that resource usage, whether its consumed here or there, if we ultimately buy those finished goods.

Man, we're really scratching for ways to make ourselves the bad guy, huh? Nevermind the fact that almost every country in the world needs us for one thing or another (mostly to keep them from getting overrun by larger more aggressive countries, which would happen within weeks without the US).

I admit to being guilty of probably buying a product that was probably made in China (probably in a sweatshop), which contributed 1 cubic foot of greenhouse gas into the sky (in China). I'll reduce my toiletpaper usage from 10 sheets to 1 sheet per day to make up for it.

If Canadians are upset that they are supplying us with oil, paper or other goods (we buy most of our oil from Canada), feel free to stop selling it to us. Call your government and let them know you're fed up. You rely on the income from us as much as we need the oil from you. We still have Alaska to fall back on LOL.

Last edited:
Do crickets fart???

I hope crickets don't fart... they may wind up being next on the methane target list. First cows, then dogs, are crickets next? I gotta feed my cham SOMETHING.

Back
Top Bottom