Drinking

Jq4zd0

Hi I am a new Chamaeleon owner and I just want to ask a question. It's probably a stupid question but I'm curious. My Chamaeleon will not drink from the drip system so I misther 3 to 4 times a day. I never see her drink off leaves. Is she getting enough water?? Thx

Some chameleons are very shy when it comes to drinking. I almost never see my veiled drink and he absolutely hates the mister. His urate is generally very white and that is how I can tell he is getting enough moisture. He will eat leaves and does get some hornworms and silk worms that also help. Other chameleons will drink for extended periods of time and really enjoy it.

Thx. Cammie eats crickets and mealworms. She likes the mister. I have a drip system. Just gets the cage floor all wet. I am sure I am doing something wrong there. All this is new. We have had lots of animals over the years. This is our first reptile because my husband was never keen on them. I guess after 35 yrs he has softened up and he thinks she is beautiful! Thanks again. I guess I will need to figure this water thing out.

I recommend getting a wire shelve rack to sit the cage on, then drill some holes in the PVC bottom and set a simple bucket or tub on the middle shelf to collect the drainage.

Awesome! Never thought of that! Will have my husband rig something up today. Also, what live plants are best in cage? Live in Akron Ohio so I think we are limited

Good to know. Cammie is very sweet. She like to come onto my hand and then rubs her little head on my fingers. She is amazing.
image.jpeg

As far as i know mine doesnt drink period. I have misters and a drip on her pathos plant, her urates are white and i have a camera installed watching her at all times and i never see her. I give her hornworms and i think thats the only way she stays hydrated lol

What's up everyone I have a drip system in place n never see Freddie drink from it but likes to drink drips from my spray bottle or the drip system hose if I cater it to him any suggestions to get him off the bottle lol n on to the drip thanks
Jay

What's up everyone I have a drip system in place n never see Freddie drink from it but likes to drink drips from my spray bottle or the drip system hose if I cater it to him any suggestions to get him off the bottle lol n on to the drip thanks
Jay
Have you tried moving it to a new location? If it drips off a leaf in a new spot it could trigger a response.

I have moved it once had no response I know he knows it's there it dropped on his back last night. I've got new screen cage coming within the next week or so waiting on shipping should i wait till it gets here n start fresh maybe drip it right on a path he will take reg when I set it up I try to make all roads lead to his water n food so when he tours he can't miss it

Ive never been able to get her to drink, the only time i got her to drink or see her drink is when i directly misted her with warm water, it would trigger her to drink i suppose.

Ohh ill have to do that, i poked a small hole in the top of my cage and made it drip from a high place, ill put the hose on a leaf.

I'm sure at the pet store were I got him with 6 or 7 of them in a cage they weren't getting the water or care needed I'll keep trying different things but like I said new cage coming soon n going to b set up little better with more space n air flow thanks guys been 12 years since I had my vailds n had non of the same issues with them nice to c others that own chams n see how others getting it done

Back
Top Bottom