Enclosure furnishing fun or not?

clairebear

I should be having fun dressing up my new enclosure and theres lots of it to dress up, i got an extra large zoo med screen cage, but im to busy stressing if it is right for when i get my little man who i am getting maybe monday or maybe sooner hes going to be a veiled and ive named him peitre.
So I just baught 2 live plants both fiscus but im thinking i could fit one more or manybe even 2, is it good to have as much foliage as possible?
Im worrying the bottom is bare,, is there anything safe you can put in the bottom like substrate but that wont be able to be injested?
I dont want to put newspaper, i want something.
what else goes in? i live in the uk and i order fake vine things of the net the brown bendy ones and i dont think it will be enough i dont know where to get proper wood vines from?
I saw a video on you tube it was american and the lady was putting magentic things in but i cant seem to find them here.
How do i put pictures up? i want to post a pic to show what ive got so far but i cant upload the pic it just says failed?

I raid the bird section of the pet store- they have all kinds of ladders and things that my boys absolutely love.

I should be having fun dressing up my new enclosure and theres lots of it to dress up, i got an extra large zoo med screen cage, but im to busy stressing if it is right for when i get my little man who i am getting maybe monday or maybe sooner hes going to be a veiled and ive named him peitre.
So I just baught 2 live plants both fiscus but im thinking i could fit one more or manybe even 2, is it good to have as much foliage as possible?
Im worrying the bottom is bare,, is there anything safe you can put in the bottom like substrate but that wont be able to be injested?
I dont want to put newspaper, i want something.
what else goes in? i live in the uk and i order fake vine things of the net the brown bendy ones and i dont think it will be enough i dont know where to get proper wood vines from?
I saw a video on you tube it was american and the lady was putting magentic things in but i cant seem to find them here.
How do i put pictures up? i want to post a pic to show what ive got so far but i cant upload the pic it just says failed?

I just use paper towels, its easy to clean and looks clean and hold humidity well. For the branches, I just went outside for them, I washed them and dried them out. Hope this helps

For the bottom, why not buy a shelf liner in a pretty pattern? They're easy to wash, affordable, and cut to size. But not ingestable and not a waste of paper. Just don't get an "aggressive" pattern like something with lots of red, as chameleons see color and are bothered by lots of reds and blacks.

For the bottom, why not buy a shelf liner in a pretty pattern? They're easy to wash, affordable, and cut to size. But not ingestable and not a waste of paper. Just don't get an "aggressive" pattern like something with lots of red, as chameleons see color and are bothered by lots of reds and blacks.

Anyone heard of eco carpet? is it gonna arbsorb water?

The ecocarpet is fine if you really wanted to go that route, but you'd have to wash it fairly often. People tend to have 2-3 sheets of it so while one is in use the other is in the wash.

The ecocarpet is fine if you really wanted to go that route, but you'd have to wash it fairly often. People tend to have 2-3 sheets of it so while one is in use the other is in the wash.

I dont know what to do there is a white sheet at the bottom of the enclosure but i know the water will seap through cracks and i dont want to have to do a drainage sytem, im going to hand mist to begin with. also if i dont put substrate in will water gather in a pool at the bottom of the enclosure from spraying? or will it evaperate? sorry im just confused now.

Back
Top Bottom