ever heard of this happening?

jeff stampher

last week my dad passed on and both of his cats did a day later. is this a common thing? i know they loved him they sat next to him all the time. i'm not much of a mammal guy so I'm not sure.

I am so very sorry for your loss. I can't imagine what you must be going through. That isn't uncommon to happen, I have seen in a few times since I started working in vet medicine over the past several years. It is difficult to say what exactly causes it, but many times the one to die later usually suffers from Takotsubo cardiomyopathy or stress cardiomyopathy, also known as broken heart syndrome, where a portion of the heart enlarges. It is usually a temporary condition and one heals, but it can also go the other way. This happens with humans as well and many times they can not always find a clear cut answer to why the person died. Again, I am very sorry for your loss.

iTs odd but animals tend to know when these things happen , perhaps they were old and ready to go as well with their care giver.

Once the animal gets very attached to the owner, and if the owner dissapears in anyway, the animal will get depressed besically. Same goes with parrots.
And I am sorry for your loss

last week my dad passed on and both of his cats did a day later. is this a common thing? i know they loved him they sat next to him all the time. i'm not much of a mammal guy so I'm not sure.

I am so sorry for your loss. I know what you must be going through right now. I myself have just lost my dad about a month ago... But I have heard of things like that happening. It's sad but true...

Back
Top Bottom