Feeding gutload

ChappyMcChap

So I followed Sandra's recipe for wet gutload. Up to that point i was just feeding loose veggies and dry mix. Now I followed everything to a t, minus a few things I couldn't find, ground it all up and now it's freezing. Probably the weirdest smelling and tasting stuff ever. That's right I'm a health nut and I had a shot of cricket gutload. Don't judge. But how do I feed it? Frozen? Do I put it in a saucer let it melt and then feed it off? Should I mix it with my dry ingredient? Anything additional I should take into consideration? I've got 1,500 crickets and a cour hundred dubias with more insectual varieties on the way. I love how much work this is, some may find it tedious and too much work but I love it. I couldn't keep lower maintenance reptiles. Even with handling there's not much to do. Well here we go off on another adventure maybe ill have a gut load popsicle for dessert!

So I followed Sandra's recipe for wet gutload. Up to that point i was just feeding loose veggies and dry mix. Now I followed everything to a t, minus a few things I couldn't find, ground it all up and now it's freezing. Probably the weirdest smelling and tasting stuff ever. That's right I'm a health nut and I had a shot of cricket gutload. Don't judge. But how do I feed it? Frozen? Do I put it in a saucer let it melt and then feed it off? Should I mix it with my dry ingredient? Anything additional I should take into consideration? I've got 1,500 crickets and a cour hundred dubias with more insectual varieties on the way. I love how much work this is, some may find it tedious and too much work but I love it. I couldn't keep lower maintenance reptiles. Even with handling there's not much to do. Well here we go off on another adventure maybe ill have a gut load popsicle for dessert!

If you're talking about my gutload ideas, I dont blend or freeze.
But if you are freezing, be aware that some vitamins degrade, and you will want to thaw and drain off excess liquid.

Sorry I've gotten your recipe confused with someone else's methods. How do you feed it off? Just blend everything together and feed a bit at a time?

Sorry I've gotten your recipe confused with someone else's methods. How do you feed it off? Just blend everything together and feed a bit at a time?

I blend/grind my dry mix and dump a bunch in as needed
for wet, I offer a fresh item or two daily, and aim to have different complimentary items each day of the week. A lot depends on what I happen to be growing in the garden or eating myself :)

is there anything wrong with gutloading superworms with a mix of honey nut cheerios, almonds out of honey bunches of oats, coconut, yellow corn meal and oats?

Back
Top Bottom