Finally!!! Melleri Babies Emerge!!!!

I'm excited and they're not even my hatchlings. I'm looking forward to seeing updates as they grow. Such an amazing and sad story.

I'm excited and they're not even my hatchlings. I'm looking forward to seeing updates as they grow. Such an amazing and sad story.

Thanks. The plight of an imported chameleon can be really dreary. I think this is why I have so many. I would tell Janet when we were combing through melleri, if I don't take that one home it is going to be dead in a week. Whether that is true or not..I don't know. It could have been purchased by a great keeper.

But I hate seeing animals pulled from their native environment, kept in crappy conditions until the time of shipping, shipped and then come here to sit in terrible conditions again until death. What a crappy way to go.

My hope is that I get it all figured out and eventually take the need for imported melleri down considerably. That is the ultimate goal at least. We will see!

Thanks. The plight of an imported chameleon can be really dreary. I think this is why I have so many. I would tell Janet when we were combing through melleri, if I don't take that one home it is going to be dead in a week. Whether that is true or not..I don't know. It could have been purchased by a great keeper.

But I hate seeing animals pulled from their native environment, kept in crappy conditions until the time of shipping, shipped and then come here to sit in terrible conditions again until death. What a crappy way to go.

My hope is that I get it all figured out and eventually take the need for imported melleri down considerably. That is the ultimate goal at least. We will see!
The plight of WC is quite sad. That's why I can't support the WC trade but I certainly commend you for taking in the ill and dying and doing what you can for them. I understand the desire to help those in need. I'd eventually like to see all cham species become CB and sold by responsible breeders and this is a huge step in the right direction. You're making a giant impact on the species and the environment they come from by embarking on this endeavor. You deserve a thousand thanks for taking it on.

Squee!!! They are so stinkin' cute!!! I'm like many others on here who are extremely impressed with you helping to keep that female alive just long enough. I really hope that you are successful with this project, because I can't bring myself to buy a WC, but when I'm ready for my next cham hopefully there will be a cute little CB available! Good luck, and remember that we are going to require at least one picture a day of these cute little guys and gals!

A few are up and stretching out their legs!!

IMAG2816.jpg

IMAG2811.jpg

IMAG2817_1.jpg

IMAG2814_1.jpg

Squee!!! They are so stinkin' cute!!! I'm like many others on here who are extremely impressed with you helping to keep that female alive just long enough. I really hope that you are successful with this project, because I can't bring myself to buy a WC, but when I'm ready for my next cham hopefully there will be a cute little CB available! Good luck, and remember that we are going to require at least one picture a day of these cute little guys and gals!

I really appreciate that. I will most certainly keep everyone updated on their progress!!

Congratulations!! Those little ones are so adorable!! Such beautiful coloring!!

Thanks JaxyGirl!!

The world so needs more of this amazing species available as captive bred and born animals. This is a wonderful achievement.

Thanks Andrew!! That's the dream right. I am a firm believer that if you keep this species once, you will never not want one! They are so intelligent and amazing....not that I need to tell you that!!

Thanks Pamela!!

How are those jacksonii babies doing??

The five and a half month olds are starting to go to their new homes across the country. The seven week old babies are doing great and really developing some personality. The mom of the older babies looks like she's going to pop any day now.

Back
Top Bottom