Finger nails

hummer121

Just wondering if finger and toe nails regrow on chameleons. My panther is about eight months and has lost a couple. Could this be related to any health issues?

Just wondering if finger and toe nails regrow on chameleons. My panther is about eight months and has lost a couple. Could this be related to any health issues?

They get worn down with use, but they should not fall or be pulled out. If they are fully gone, They wont come back, but so long as there is no sign of infection he should be alright without them.
How did he loose them?
You should ensure whatever caused the loss is resolved so he doesnt loose any more. It can happen if they get caught in fine screen when they are climbing it (a good reason to either not use fine screen caging or to ensure there is something better for it to climb put against that screen)

a veiled i rescued has missing claws on all his outside facing toes. he has good grip but cant really climb as well as my other chams. they havnt grown back but he seemes to be doing fine. just remember if u see climbing or falling problems change the cage interior so its safe for him to grip.

Thanks for the responses. I'm not sure how he lost them. I use a Zoo Med screen enclosure. Some of the nails i'm not sure have completly come off. Can this be caused from lack of suplements. I use Miner-All once a week, Zoo Med calcium without d3 twice a week and Zoo Med reptivite once a week. All feeders are always gutloaded.

Thanks for the responses. I'm not sure how he lost them. I use a Zoo Med screen enclosure. Some of the nails i'm not sure have completly come off. Can this be caused from lack of suplements. I use Miner-All once a week, Zoo Med calcium without d3 twice a week and Zoo Med reptivite once a week. All feeders are always gutloaded.

Do you use calcium with d3 twice a month?

Back
Top Bottom