Freaked - USPS hasnt arrived w/my cham!

paigesc

Purchased a cham and it was shipped via USPS yesterday from the west coast (delivered to east coast). It's been in transit since 10am EST yesterday and was guaranteed by 3pm. It's 3:30 and he's still not here. Tracking info hasn't been updated since it left the sort facility on west coast. What are the chances he will be alive when he shows up? It's SUPER HOT here today. I'm so worried - Been waiting all day and I feel so bad for the cham! He's an adult. Can he withstand the conditions better an baby or a juvi? Anyone had any good experience with USPS??

what kind is it? whered you buy it from? you should ask for a refund back on the shipping.

obviously i hope the cham is ok, did whoever ship it add a cold pack?

Have you called USPS? can you have the package held? USPS sucks, I use to have the same problem with them when I was selling spiders. There is a chance your guy can make it if he was packed with a good insulation and some cold packs. How hot is it? Have you called the people that you bought him from?

tagged for resluts and hopefully cham arriving healthy and just jet-legged.
Who was shipping it to you? Was it someone who does it often or someone who might not have the knowledge to do this without stressing or killing the animal?

I would have never ever let someone ship me a chameleon through usps! I would only trust fed ex and maybe ups, but only if its guaranteed by 10:30am the following morning before it gets too hot and isnt sitting on the truck for long. I hope everything is fine. Fingers crossed.

I don't want to say where I purchased him from but he's an upstanding member of the forums.. He was shipped with cold packs. Right now, heat index is over 103 degrees... Will do no good to call USPS locally. If you live in the southern part of the states, then I need not elaborate on the lack of assistance I'm sure to encounter with a call.. Maybe this is a global issue and not a southern one, though? USPS does suck mooseballs - agreed. Could use good thoughts this way!

did you say you had it shipped usps as in reg postal service? are you kidding me? not ups but usps west coast to east coast?
thats just crazy i dont know anyone whod ship a cham across the states usps

did you say you had it shipped usps as in reg postal service? are you kidding me? not ups but usps west coast to east coast?
thats just crazy i dont know anyone whod ship a cham across the states usps

Agreed! ONLY ship through site sponser to Fedex, or if you can UPS... USPS was a GRAVE mistake... I would suggest you contact whom you bought your cham from immediately just to let them know of the situation. I would also warm them to never again send a live animal through usps. Please keep us informed

Express/Overnight shipments have tracking numbers. You should get that from the shipper and check to see the status of your chameleon.

The last updated information was posted yesterday at 5:00 pm when it left the USPS facility in California. I'm way beyond distressed and nauseated - and still no cham at 4:30.

Yes, it was sent via USPS express mail. I assume it was shipped as a live animal and not as a general package??

He wasn't the one that shipped out the package. The person who shipped needs to learn how to use fedex. 103 degrees and late delivery doesn't sound promising :(

makes me wonder who would do that im in so cal an wouldnt let anyone in so cal ship me a cham usps

I paid $50 for flat rate shipping and honestly I just assumed it would be arriving Fedex. It was already shipped by the time he provide tracking info or else I would have insisted he not use USPS (simply because of where I live and what kind of slack a$$e$ work for USPS). Honestly, I didn't even know USPS shipped live animals!!!

I would contact this guy ASAP. He should have told you how he was shipping your chameleon before hand.

Back
Top Bottom