Help! I cant identify this plant!

redsfandrew

Can any one help me identify this plant? It has been in our office at work for over 15 years and I was told I could have it. I am getting a panther, and I want to know if this would be ok for his cage. Any help would be greatly appreciated. It looks like some kind of palm and I think it would make a good addition.:)

Attachments

• IMAG0316.jpg
    IMAG0316.jpg
    232.4 KB · Views: 107
  • IMAG0315.jpg
    IMAG0315.jpg
    221.3 KB · Views: 141
Yeah, they are pretty good size. I am still working on a set-up. It will probably be in an enclosure, but I am trying to figure out a drainage setup. It's exciting to build but it can be frustrating.

Did you mean you can't find potting soil in the UK? Don't you have gardening centers or flower shops across the pond?

Whatever you end up getting, make sure it doesn't contain vermiculite (the little white kinda-foam bits). If it does, take the time to pick it all out. Some chams find it appealing to try to eat.

I had a plant with it in the dirt before I was informed and took it all out. Due to other illness, there was something curious on the x-ray and after an eating strike of almost 2 weeks, the first poop contained 2 little bits of the stuff. That was 6 mos after I took it all out of the dirt!

Back
Top Bottom