help! my female veiled chameleon overshot her food!!

Oh ok it uploaded my Jackson's so I guess just one at a time, here's Jade.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    246.4 KB · Views: 97
Your Jackson is very handsome - and Jade is pretty too. I'm glad there were no ill effects - Sounds like you recently got her and I'm thinking that she might have been having lingering effects from the pet store - some good gut loading and proper care should bring her around quickly - Your Jackson looks great.

Thanks Sara1201- I'm putting the text book on my Christmas list - unless I can find a copy for a good price on e-bay. Maybe they will come out with a kindle version - seems like they are doing that with a bunch of text books now-

Thanks kplatvoet! My Jackson's has been w/ me almost 2 years and Jax has been so great. And after seeing Jade in the TINY cage they had her in at the petstore I knew I could give her a better home :) she was real skinny then too and gobbled up food way faster than my Jackson's ever did haha!

Jade went through most of her shed, but starting at her tail I can see it hasn't shed yet. Anyone know if it's common for not all of the shed to come off around the same time? It has been at least 5 days since the rest of her body shed off.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    248.9 KB · Views: 87
I don't think it's a problem - In my experience panthers poof - but my flapneck and jackson take a while more to shed -and the older they get the more time it takes. I've read of people having problems if the old shed is cutting off blood flow to a tail but that doesn't look like it's the case. I try and give mine a little extra spraying when they are sheding - I don't know if it makes a difference (I do know it makes my panther give me a dirty look- but that's his way, he really loves me-ha)

Back
Top Bottom