Help! Veiled fell about 12" in his cage and now wont open eyes

Gambit

He fell about a foot and wont open his eyes. He is just walking around blindly grabbing at stuff. I dont know if he just stunned the hell out of himself or is hurt?

Oh no I hope he's okay:/ all I could think of is just keep an eye onbhim. My veiled fell a little higher than that as a baby and she just got up and kept goin. He's probably just a little stunned.

It is possible he stunned himself and is scared. I had one of mine fall from about 6 foot and he acted very strangely at first, even closed his eyes and opened them a few times and it took him about 15 minutes to start acting normal. I am hoping that this is the case with yours. 12 inches is not every far to fall at all. It also possible there is something more serious going on. Just keep an eye on him and see if he returns back to normal. maybe he was sleeping and fell and that is why his eyes are closed?

I am keeping an eye on him, but its not looking good. He opens one eye but not the other at all. Everytime I think he has died, I find him an hour later in a different spot. Im not sure what is going on with him? I wouldnt think that little of a fall would have done much to him.

The first time I decided to take our male outside he jumped from about 4ft to solid concrete. Looked up at me like WTH?!?!, I picked him back and he jumped again. Well hes doing find 2 months later and FINALLY coming up to us. He prefers my husband over me but I was expecting it. Hoping your litle guy is feeling better!

I am keeping an eye on him, but its not looking good. He opens one eye but not the other at all. Everytime I think he has died, I find him an hour later in a different spot. Im not sure what is going on with him? I wouldnt think that little of a fall would have done much to him.

Maybe you should fill out that 'how to ask for help' form? If people can read the details of your set-up, they might be able to see if there might be another reason for his fall/behavour?

I dropped my hamster (I know it's not quite the same as a chameleon lol) & he was really stunned. I really thought I'd killed him, but I left him alone for a few hours and he was fine. He was just scared and confused that'd I dropped him!

I built my setup off of this website. He has been doing fine until the fall a couple days ago. Ever since the fall it seems he is slowly dying. One eye opened, one closed. He still moves all over the cage.

Ill post more info when I get off work in a bit. I just cant figure out what he did to where his right eye hasnt been opened since the fall.

I'm not trying to imply anything bad, just that there might be something that needs tweeking to make the little guy feel better? It's only a suggestion. By filling out the form you're just giving people a fuller picture of what's happening with your little guy in the absense of actually being able to see him & they might be able to make more educated suggestions about how to get him better. I got my set-up off this site too, but I'm still constantly having to make little adjustments here and there, when someone spots an area for me to improvement.

Hope he feels better soon, these little guys can worry you sick!

Both of my vailed have fallen about 20" from their main high branch. they are normal and healthy now.

My female actually dropped instead of fallen. She was avoiding being picked up so she jumped off the branch. landed on the ground and was slightly shocked at first.

My Male Was sitting on his temp probe when the glue that held it too the cage gave out from his fatness. He fell too the ground and Very upset and stunned for a few hours.

Back
Top Bottom