Help-white sore around mouth

mattoconnor24

IMG_1489.jpeg
I’ve had this guy for about a month and he got this little white sore a few days after coming home. I figured it was probably from eating but realize I may have been wrong.

Any help would be appreciated.

It’s been getting a little low during the day at times 50’s but try and keep it 70+. I may need to get a mister. I’m misting 3x a day

Don’t stress him too much for it. Where his lip is bulging out a bit I am guessing he has some kind of infection or do you have a good reptile vet you can take him to?

I haven’t brought him yet but there is a local one I could probably get him into next week. Unless it seems serious I could try and get an early appointment tomorrow.

I deeply appreciate the feedback.

I haven’t brought him yet but there is a local one I could probably get him into next week. Unless it seems serious I could try and get an early appointment tomorrow.

I deeply appreciate the feedback.
Make sure they are an experienced reptile or exotic’s vet. If you’re not sure if they are, we can help you find a good vet.🙂

Here is our recommended vet list🙂

Attachments

• Chameleon Forums Vet List 2024 U.S.A..pdf
    157 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
@JacksJill thank you for looking also.

When I bought him they said it was shedding and it didn’t go away. Sigh

I’ve never been to a reptile vet before so don’t really know what to expect. Is there a general price range I should expect? No issue paying I have other pets and just want him to be feeling better.

I’ve done some research but could use some pointers on how I may be able to avoid mouth rot in the future? Or resources yall recommend

@JacksJill thank you for looking also.

When I bought him they said it was shedding and it didn’t go away. Sigh

I’ve never been to a reptile vet before so don’t really know what to expect. Is there a general price range I should expect? No issue paying I have other pets and just want him to be feeling better.

I’ve done some research but could use some pointers on how I may be able to avoid mouth rot in the future? Or resources yall recommend
My reptile vet it a little more expensive than my regular dog vet. I think a visit is 75 but for my dogs it’s 65 or something like that. Blood draws for me are around 309, fecals are about 80. I haven’t been prescribed many meds for my reptiles yet but so far everting has been $30 and under.

Mouth rot usually comes from some kind of wound or bite from a feeder. What do you feed your little man?

My reptile vet it a little more expensive than my regular dog vet. I think a visit is 75 but for my dogs it’s 65 or something like that. Blood draws for me are around 309, fecals are about 80. I haven’t been prescribed many meds for my reptiles yet but so far everting has been $30 and under.

Mouth rot usually comes from some kind of wound or bite from a feeder. What do you feed your little man?
Crickets is all he will eat right now. I’ve tried other things but he just leaves them. I found the resources section and it was soooo helpful.

Basically everything I was told at the pet store was wrong. So going to revamp everything tomorrow. I’ll get him to the vet this week.

I think the crickets I’ve been getting were too big and I was giving him too many.

Crickets is all he will eat right now. I’ve tried other things but he just leaves them. I found the resources section and it was soooo helpful.

Basically everything I was told at the pet store was wrong. So going to revamp everything tomorrow. I’ll get him to the vet this week.

I think the crickets I’ve been getting were too big and I was giving him too many.
Let me know if you want any support updating his husbandry and enclosure. I’m happy to answer any questions you have.

I feel you. Everything I learned from the pet store was wrong for my first chameleon as well. It’s a lot of work to get it right but it’s well worth it.

Hey everyone!!

Thank you for the support. Brought Atticus to the vet this morning and it is mouth rot. Vet said caught it on the early side so should avoid any scraping if topical antibiotics work.

Keep everyone posted.

Back
Top Bottom