Hops vines!!

Cainschams

So I have been using hops vines since last summer for extra "highways" and I must say I wouldnt want to use anything else for now on!! My friend brews his own beer and grows his own hops so they are free and free is best;) The dried ones are some what bendy and you manipulate them around the cage fairly easy. I just bend them around and lodge them between the screen. I do only keep smaller species so I do not need anything else to secure them besides in between the screens and through plants for extra strength. I have no problems with them moving however larger species may not be so great to use them with.

Here are a couple cages I made up today for some juvenile Bradypodion species soon to be arriving. Will probably pack some more in there after I pick some more up later today. I used the smaller vines in these cages and the ones I housed babies in last summer but use a larger diameter for cages with my adults.

002-5.jpg

004-8.jpg

003-4.jpg

Ill be cleaning and arranging some of my adult cages since I just got a mess of vines last night. Need to go back and get more though. A good excuse to go drink some home brew;) But Ill post some pics of adult cages later on.

Anyone that has access to them and keeps smaller species or has babies these do great!

Back
Top Bottom