How often do you see one of these?

So after a couple of weeks of waiting to hear from The Home Depot, finally my tree arrived. I know it looks weak and small but that is all they had...and for $40 I guees I can't complaint... IMG_0010_1.jpg

IMG_0008_1.jpg

Wish I could answer your question haha, but I just want to know what species of moth this is? Very beautiful specimen.

Getting more caterpillars! And the eggs I had were not good...also I figured how to propagate liquid amber trees and I have twelve of them growing!

When she says American silkmoth she just means other Saturniid species (Polyphemus moth, Io moth, etc.). Luna moths are considered American Silkmoths.

Looks like I missed that request last year! Yeah, the other silkmoths I had were probably polyphemus moths.

Here is what hatched out for me this year. Was not able to hatch the eggs. Darn!
Congrats on your Lunas.. Do the make any chows for them?

Attachments

• moth 001.JPG
    moth 001.JPG
    140.7 KB · Views: 119
Here is what hatched out for me this year. Was not able to hatch the eggs. Darn!
Congrats on your Lunas.. Do the make any chows for them?

Wow! Cool looking moths! I have never seen those before. I don't use chow food. I use fresh liquid amber tree leaves for food.

I got a bunch of caterpillars on Friday and so far, so good! I will post pictures later in the week.

Back
Top Bottom