How to incubate eggs

What do you plan to do with all the babies? They can have a lot of eggs and veileds aren't really something people are after unless you have good bloodlines. Pet stores will will you probably less than 20$ for them. I think you should rest easy with what you have an then try looking into it if you had your cham more than a year and it's healthy with no problems. Also if you bought your cham from the pet store then you don't know the breeding and can risk inbred babies when you chose your mate. If you really want to breed reptiles maybe try geckos that only lay two eggs at a time.

Hi,
I think its great that you are doing research prior to breeding. I can tell you that I started breeding a few years ago and it has been a fantastic experience.
Contrary to what a lot of others will tell you, if done correctly it can be very rewarding.
I personally breed Panther Chameleons. They have much smaller clutches than Veileds and you should be able to find them homes much easier.
I would recommend starting with a nice pair and going that direction.
Believe it or not incubating has been the easiest part, other than the waiting. It can take you 6-12 months of incubation.

You need to think about the space needed, lighting, misting watering and supplements. Not to mention food. I am at 20,000+ crickets a month not including the other feeders.

This is just a brief overview. You are definitely at the right place for information. There are so many great members here who are more than happy to share what they have learned.

Baby chameleons are awesome. I could watch them for hours :)

Good luck and ask as many questions as you need.

Jason

What do you plan to do with all the babies? They can have a lot of eggs and veileds aren't really something people are after unless you have good bloodlines. Pet stores will will you probably less than 20$ for them. I think you should rest easy with what you have an then try looking into it if you had your cham more than a year and it's healthy with no problems. Also if you bought your cham from the pet store then you don't know the breeding and can risk inbred babies when you chose your mate. If you really want to breed reptiles maybe try geckos that only lay two eggs at a time.

I plan to keep like 2 or so and sell the rest. I don't really care about the money to be honest. I just love chameleons. I might even give a few away to my friends.

Back
Top Bottom